Twenty-Nine

My brain is a violent whirl of stupidity, trying to organize the chaos in my life

  My brain is a violent whirl of stupidity, trying to organize the chaos in my life. It's been hours since I last talked or seen Dean and I'm starting to worry. He's doing the complete most for no reason what so ever. If he would have let me explain myself he would've realized that the kiss wasn't exactly what it was.

"Are you still stressing about Dean?" Gerica voice rang from behind. I turned to see her on her bed taking her hair out of the braids it was in.

"I'm not stressing." I said, walking over to her queen size bed I took a seat."I'm just worried."

      "I don't see why,"She said fingers through her curly hair."It's not like you did anything wrong. Dean is just be extra as usual."

    "I guess." I mumbled, falling back onto the bed. I let the purple bed sheets take over as I wrapped myself around in it. From my view on the bed I could see out the open-curtains giving me a full view of the moon outside. The blue moon illuminated the tenebrous, starless sky as if the stars ensconced themselves behind the dim, gray clouds. The scenery beginning calming me down just a little.

     "Gerica," I called, just above a whisper.

  She turned to face me. Her hair looked crazy, one side was in a braid while the other was wild like a lions mane."Huh?" She replied.

       "A couple days ago when I seen you at Mac's house with that guy- what was that about?" I asked, my eyes never leaving hers."Are you cheating on Travis?"

Silence took over the room. The only sound was the faint sound of the television going on in the background. The look on her face told it all, the guilt radiating off her like perfume."Yeah I am" she finally admitted.

   Looking at her all I could do was shake my head. I was at a lost for words, just the other week she was telling me how Travis is the love of her life, and she's trying to work on fixing things with him-but here she is cheating. Cheating is a big no-no in my book. I never understood the meaning of it, like if you wanna go out do things with other people then just tell the other person instead of leading them on having them thinking that they're the only one. Why play with someone's emotions like that? That's foul.

        "Why Gee? Travis is such a good guy."

Gerica let out a frustrated groan as she fell back onto the bed."I know, but it's just that's we've lost each other. Things aren't like they were two years ago. I don't feel the butterflies in my stomach whenever he tells me I'm beautiful and I don't feel the tingle in my lips when he kisses me. We have nothing left."

    "Then why not just cut ties with him?"

  Gerica shook her head"I can't do that. You wouldn't understand Amor, I've been with this man since freshman year. I just can't shoot him a quick text calling it off, it's not that easy."