Ten

I sat at my vanity

   I sat at my vanity. My fingers lingering against the freshly placed band-aid that was placed underneath my left eye. One of the girls from the altercation earlier scratched me and I didn't notice until I got home. Dean had just left a while ago. It was weird sitting in the car with him, it was silent the whole ride. Not even a simple goodbye when I exited the car but I didn't expect such a thing coming from Dean anyway.

       The sudden sound of my door cracking open startled me causing me to snap my head in the direction of the noise. In walked my father. His face flushed and his eyes dull. He had a rolled up piece of tissue stuffed in his left nostril making me raise my brow in questioning.

    " You look disgusting.", I told him.

" Oh shut up.", His voice croaked. "Are you sick ?", I asked him as he stood in front of me looking ill.

He shook his head no,"I'm fine. Just a little cold that's all.", I could tell from his redden face that he and I both knew that he was lying. That was always one thing when it came to my father, he never wanted me worrying about him no matter what the situation could be. He was stubborn like that and it annoyed me.

" How was the party ?" He asked letting out a cough in his sleeve.

I sighed," It was straight.", I said running my hand through my curls holding them back embracing the band-aid across my face.

I'm honestly so glad it's the weekend cause I would not go to school with this childish band-aid across my face.

My father nodded looking at me intently. I knew he was questioning the band-aid on my face but since I didn't bring it up he didn't ask. His eyes showed hope that I would open up and tell him why I had the band-aid on my face but as of right now I wasn't in the mood to talk about  the altercation.

         Nodding making his lips form a thin line ," Well goodnight Amor.", He turned around and started making his way out the door.

" Night."

He closed my room door behind him. Once the door shut I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I got up from my vanity and walked over to my opened window. The midnight air was starting to give me chills and the thought of someone climbing through frightened me. 

  Walking over to the window I placed my hands on the handle only to catch a glance at the shimmering moon above me, it was full. Luna, the Latin name for Moon and also my mothers name. A sudden rush of sadness devoured me as I slammed the window shut.