Thirty-One

"We're here

"We're here."

I looked ahead at the building in front of us. Vibrant colored lights and signs shined from the place as rows of people stood outside the entrance awaiting to enter. I was nervous, this wasn't my typical setting. I was used to being around my school peers and not adults that almost looked as if they could pass as my parents. This wasn't someone's house, no it's a real club- and I've never been to a club before.

"Do you think they're even gonna allow me to walk in?" I asked, turning my attention towards Austin who was checking himself out in the passenger seat.

"Don't worry about it," He said."You're with me tonight, okay."

His voice was reassuring to me, but I still couldn't get the bing of guilt I felt inside me to leave.

  "Maybe I should call Amor and tell him where I am right now." I said, reaching for my phone in my pocket I was stopped by Austin.

He looked at me with those piercing green eyes of his, His eyes were the kind of green that mint ice cream gets jealous of. The kind of green that distracts you from everything around. His eyes were the kind of green that gets noticed even when you can't see them because his eyes showed straight through to his personality.

"Chill Dean. You don't have to do all of that, I doubt we'll even be here that long." I nodded at his words, trusting him.

Slowly, a toothy smile started to spread across his lips. He reached over into the glove compartment of his car and pulled out something. "Here, take one of these." He opened his hand to reveal two pills.

I looked down hesitant. "What are these?"

"Xanax, it'll help you a lot."

Austin shoved the pills towards me some more and I leaned back not necessarily sure if that's the route I wanted to take. I've done drugs before but nothing such as pills.

"Cmon Dean." He pressured.

Letting out a sigh I finally gave in and took one of the pills from his hand. Austin sent me a playfully smile before throwing the pill down his throat. The way he so easily tossed the pill in mouth let me know that this wasn't something new to him as it was to me. Without even preparing myself I quickly tossed the pill onto my tongue and slowly let it descend down my throat.

Austin stared with a clearly amused smirk on his face."Okay, let's go." He clapped his hands together before he unlocked the car doors and got out.

I followed behind him, trying my best to keep up. My nervousness had seemed to seep to my legs and each step seemed like I was walking backwards instead of forward. I was having strange feelings about tonight but Ima shrug it off. Besides, I am at a club- time to get turnt.