Eight

Dance music streamed loudly from Travis's house, with its bass-filled beat and smooth lyrics, it had everyone moving

Dance music streamed loudly from Travis's house, with its bass-filled beat and smooth lyrics, it had everyone moving. Leave it to my best friend throw a banging party to start the season off right.

   Travis was the peanut to my butter. Since we were little kids we've been the best of friends, almost like brothers, always doing everything together. Travis's mother works for my dad and we've always talked about growing up and being just like our parents, working side by side and trusting each other. Travis was my reason for transferring my tenth grade year, if it weren't for him I'd probably still be attending St. Albatross, if it weren't for Travis I probably wouldn't be the person I am today. I was older than him by two months and two days, and it clearly showed from Travis's personality. He was blunt, mannish and hyperactive. We were complete opposite, but that's a good thing cause we balanced each other out.

    I guess that's why I never caught feelings for Travis, he was practically my brother, and crushing on your brother is just creepy.

      I headed out towards the backyard were my friends were all sitting by the bonfire in a secluded circle.

   The backyard wasn't as hectic and busy as the house. A few people were off to the side, lounging on the patio deck and laying on the hammock. The pool was filled with teens and a few empty red cup were floating around. It always bothered me how inconsiderate people could be. There are numerous trash cans around here but yet people still feel the need to litter not being respectful of the fact that Travis and I have to clean this place up when they leave. But it was a party, it was time to sit back and chill with my friends.

    " Dee !", Travis, Andre and Mac cheered as I made my way over to them.

      " Wassup ?", I responded taking a seat beside Kelsey and Bridget, two girls who sometime would hang out with the guys and I. They were cool, especially Bridget.

          " You still chauffeuring your dads coworker's son?", Mac teased as he opened up a can of beer.

     Leave it to Mac to run his fat lips. Sometimes I regret telling him things just because I know he can't hold water to save his life. Andre let out a laugh as he pushed the buff boy lightly.

        " What's his name again ?", Dre asked taking a puff of the blunt he held between his fingers. " Axel ?"

                                    " Amor.", I corrected with a scowl.

  I honestly forgot I even brought Amor along. It's like as soon as we walked into the house him and Aaliyah vanished into the crowd, not that I was complaining, but I was starting to grow worrisome. There's no telling what the poor boy could be doing inside that house right now.