Twenty-Two

For the rest of the day the whole Aaliyah and Payton scene in the cafeteria seemed to be the topic of everyone's conversation

For the rest of the day the whole Aaliyah and Payton scene in the cafeteria seemed to be the topic of everyone's conversation. You couldn't turn a corner without overhearing someone say,

I bet Payton would have beat Aaliyah's ass

Who knew that Aaliyah was such a slut

Do you think she'll abort it

The way people talked about the situation only made me more angrier than I already was.

As for Payton, that bitch hasn't looked at me since. I'll always see her passing in the halls and each time she'd avoid eye contact. I know she could feel me starring daggers at her. As much as I wanted to drop my books and tackle her to the floor I couldn't. She was a girl (From what people say) and I can't afford to be kicked out of school for something that has nothing to do with me. As much as I wanted to take control over the situation I couldn't, it's time Aaliyah learns to not let what people say about her get to her, because at the end of the day the only opinion about yourself that matters is yours.

"You can't keep beating yourself up about the situation Amor.",Sky sighed, opening her locker. The final bell had just rung, and students were rushing to leave the building.

"I'm not.", I said to her pressing my back against the row of metal lockers. "It's just I really should have told Payton off back there."

Putting her textbooks in her lockers Sky let out a soft chuckle, "What more could have did Amor, Beat the poor girl up ?"

"I was thinking that."

"You can't keep fighting Aaliyah's battles for her. She's a big girl now, and part of being a big girl is not letting what people say get to you.", She closed her locker shut, " What if you die Amor ?"

I raised my brow cautiously at Sky. She laughed at the weird expression on my face, and shook her head, "Not saying that you will, but what if ? Who's gonna defend her then?"

I sighed agreeing along with Sky. She was right. It wasn't my place to say anything nor was it my beef to jump in from the start. To be honest it feels like I'm more of a brother to Aaliyah than Dean, and that's sad to say.

"You're right.", I mumbled.

Sky grinned a victory grin, twirling her finger through her tight purple curls. "Besides, most of this is just child play. The two girls will probably be the best of friends by next week."