Chapter 10: I Have A Secret

Luke POV:

I haven't spoken to Kira in a week. I've been over to her house, but I only speak to Kari. I was finishing up some work when I got a phone call from my assistant. I hate when she does that, considering the fact that she is right outside the door.

"Yes, Cara."
"There's someone hear to see you."
"Send them in."

I hung up and checked my phone and began clearing out notifications. I heard the door closed and looked up to see Kira.

"Hi, Luke."
I gave her a concerned look when I immediately assumed it was something about Kari.
"Did something happen with Kari?"

"Oh, no, Luke. I was just stopping by."
"Oh."
"You were right."
"About?"
"Dak. He wanted me to give Kari to Kaneshia."

I nodded and looked away from her.

"I broke up with him."

I shifted my eyes back to her.

"Really?"
"Yeah."

I saw her eyes and realized she had cried earlier. I went over and hugged her. We stayed like that for awhile but had to pull away when..umm...mini Luke...got a little too excited. She looked down at it and smirked.

"Wow. All these years and I can still get little Luke excited."

I pulled her closer to me and kissed her. I picked her up and placed her on my desk. I slid her jacket off and then started to unbutton her blouse before she stopped me.

"Luke, we can't do this. Not this way. I literally just broke up with someone."
"OK. You're right."

We hugged and then parted ways. I still had a hard on, so I called Cara in my office. When she walked in, I stood up so she could see my penis sticking out.
She smirked and slowly walked over to me. She ran her hand against my penis and then she pulled my trousers down. I picked her up and set her on the edge of the desk. I pulled up her dress and took off her thong. I leveled us up and rammed my penis inside her. I leaned down and attacked her lips.

"Sorry, Luke. I forgot my-"

I looked up to see Kira in the doorway. She was on the verge of tears.

"Kira"

She grabbed her jacket and left. I got off of Cara and pulled my trousers back on and ran after Kira. I caught her before she got on the elevator.

"Kira, I'm sorry."
"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't have let you back in my life."
"Kira, please. I just nee-"
"Did you ever cheat on me?"
"What?"
"Did you ever cheat on me, Luke?"
"How could you even think that I-"
"I'll just take that as a yes."

She got in the elevator and when the it was just about to close, I heard her start to sob. The thing I hated the most right now was the fact that what she was saying was true. A week after Kira and I got together, I had sex with Cara. I went back to my office to see a naked Cara sitting on my desk.

"Get out."
"But, Luke. We were having a good time. You can't seriously still want her. The last five years have been amazing."
"Cara get out or you're fired!"
"I'm pregnant, Luke!"

I just stared at the woman in front of me. She can't be pregnant with my baby. Kira is never going to forgive meif it's mine. Knowing the way Cara gets around, she probably doesn't even know who the father is.

"Cara, you're fired. Pack your stuff and I never want to see you again."
"But, Luke-"
"Bye, Cara."

I grabbed my jacket and called the driver to come pick me up. I told him to take me to Kira's house. I walked straight in to find Kari on the couch, watching TV.

"Daddy!"

She ran to me and jumped in my arms.

"Hi, baby. Where's your mommy?"
"In her room. She's sad."
"OK. I'm gonna go check on mommy. I'll be right back."

I sat her on the couch and went upstairs to Kira's room. I found her crying on her bed.

"Kira, I'm sorry."
"Luke, please just-"
"No. Yes, I cheated on you before with Cara and it was the worst thing I ever did. I wish I could take it back, but I can't. I love you, Kira. I've missed you so much."
"Luke, I don't wanna get hurt again."
"I will never hurt you ever again."

I kissed her and she climbed in my lap. I went to deepen the kiss when she pulled away.

"Our 4-year daughter is right downstairs, Luke."

I chuckled and rested my head on her shoulder. We stayed like that for a few minutes until Kari walked in the room.

"Mommy, somebody at the door."

Me and Kira walked downstairs to see Cara in the doorway.