38

Luke-

I woke up entangled in Kira. I looked down at my beautiful wife. I'm so lucky. I frowned as I glanced at the silver briefcase that was sitting on the desk. She planned to leave. Why does our marriage have to be so complicated? All I wanted was to meet a girl, fall in love, get married, have kids and grow old together. I never pictured meeting a girl, falling in love, leaving because she was on drugs, finding her 5 years later with my child, marrying her, having another kid with someone else, having a kid with her, cheating on her, having her leave me, start doing drugs, finding her about a year later, getting her back, getting off drugs, falling even more in love with her, ha-

"Luke."

I looked down at Kira.

"What were you thinking about?"

"We've been through a lot."

"Yes, we have."

"I don't wanna be without you ever again."

"Me either. I need you."

"I love you."

"I know. You said it many times last night."

I smiled at her, thinking about last night. Our first time since I got out. I cupped her face and kissed her.

"Do me a favor."

"What?"

"Rip this up.", I said as I sat up to get the divorce papers. When I turned to look at her, she had a horrified look on her face.

"What? You still want a divorce?"

"N-no. Your back. What happened?"

I immediately knew what she was talking about. She's referring to the long purple scar on my back.

"Baby, it's fine. I'm okay."

"You're hurt.", she said as she sat up in bed.

"I'm fine, honey. It doesn't hurt. I promise."

"Who hurt you?"

"It happened when I got locked up. On my first night. I was in a holding cell with this guy. The whole time I was there, I felt like I've seen him before and I think he knew who I was the whole time. I finally realized who he was."

"Who?"

"That guy who grabbed you in the park that night. I wanted to kill him. I should've k-"

"Luke."

I looked down at her. She looked so small. Her dark brown hair was messy and her eyes were beginning to get puffy.

"I jumped on him and we began fighting and he ripped my shirt. Then he grabbed this pole from off the bench and began beating me with it."

"He hurt you.", she said in a whisper.

I saw that she was beginning to cry. I held her to me. I kissed her forehead.

"It's okay. I'm okay. Shh..Don't cry, baby."

We stayed like that for awhile and soon her breathing slowed. I looked down and saw her sleeping, so I laid her down on the bed and pulled the blanket on her. I got dressed and made my way to Kendall's room. I need to make things right with us. I walked in his room and saw that it was actually clean for a change. Kendall didn't notice me as he was at his desk, writing on a notepad. I walked over and peeked over his shoulder.

Dear Mom, Kylie, and Kari,

I'm sorry, but I have to go. I'm not like you all. I can't just forgive him. He left and we're broke. I looked up to him and he failed us. If you ever come to your senses, you'll know where I'll be.

He set his pen down and turned around. He jumped when he saw me standing there.

"Dad."

"I came to apologize."

"You don't have to. I'm fine."

"Don't run. I've had enough of your mom leaving. I can't take you leaving too."

"You left us, dad. Mom cried herself to sleep every night. Kylie had to sleep in my bed because she was afraid. You hurt all of us."

"I'm so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you guys. I love all so much. You'll never know how true that is. I'm so proud of you. You stepped up and took the hardest role of all. Being a man. You did the thing that I took so long to do."

"Dad, it was so hard without you."

"I know. But I'm here and I'm never leaving."

I hugged him and wiped the tear from his eye.

"I love you, dad."

"I love you too."

Shortly after catching up with Kendall, I made my way downstairs to see Kylie sitting on the chair, watching cartoons. She looked up at me and gave me a toothy smile. She was missing a tooth in the front, making her look even more adorable.

"Morning, princess."

"Morning daddy."

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Ice cream!"

"I want some too, but your mommy wouldn't like that."

"French toast."

"Your wish is my command, Princess."

I began working on the french toast. I tried my hardest to remember how grandma used to make it as I have barely cooked since I hired Ms. Taylor.

"Daddy."

"Yes."

"If I'm a princess, what is mommy?"

"I'm a queen."

I turned around to see Kira walking in with the Jonah in her arms. Kylie hugged her and went in the living room. I smiled at her. I felt my penis twitch as she exposed her breast. She began breastfeeding the baby. She looked up at me as I tensed up.

"After all these years, you still want me."

"I'll always want you."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Ok, so this is technically this is the last chapter, but I will be doing a epilogue. I can't believe it's over after about 2 years. Thank you all for being patient with me.