Chapter 20: IJWUAUAUT

5 Months have passed since the last chapter.

Kira POV:
"Mommy?"
"Yes, Kari."
"How come daddy is never here anymore?"
"Daddy works sweetie. You know that."
"But he said he didn't have to anymore."
"Well, some people can't just stop."

She nodded her head and started coloring again. I know that Kari missed Luke. He leaves right after he eats breakfast with her and he comes home right before bedtime. School's about to get out and I know she's hoping to spend some extra time with him. I got up to go finish making dinner. I made spaghetti and meatballs with burnt garlic rolls. I wasn't that great of a cook. After awhile dinner was served. After dinner, I got Kari ready for bed. Just in time, Luke came through the door.

"Daddy!"
"Hey, baby girl."

He put Kari to bed and then came in the bedroom.

"How was work?"
"Alright."
"Kari misses you, Luke."
"What do you mean?"
"She misses you. You barely spend time with her."
"Yes I do."
"You only see her like twice a day, Luke."
"I work, Kira."
"You told me you didn't have to anymore."
"Kira, I'm almost done. I promise. "
"Alright, but I'm gonna hold you to that."

He kissed my forehead and we went to bed.

I woke up to the baby kicking me. Usually it wasn't as bad as this. I stood up and walked around, hoping that would calm him down. It didn't. I shook Luke awake.

"I think something's wrong with the baby."
"What is it?"
"He keeps kicking and-"

I was interrupted by something running down my legs.

"I think my water just broke."
"Shit. Umm, Kira, J-just sit down. I-I'll call Kaneshia and I'll get your bag and I'll g-"
"Luke, calm down. Just breath. It's gonna be fine."

I watched as he breathed in and out.

"Now I need you to go get the car ready. I'll get Kar-"

I felt a contraption and I gripped Luke's hand. When it was over, I grabbed my hospital and baby bag and Luke called Kaneshia to get Kari and went to get the car ready. I got in the car and we left for the hospital. The contraptions started getting worst. When we finally got there, Luke rushed me in the building.

"I need help! My wife is in labor!"
"OK, sir. Calm down. We can't help her until you fill this form out."
"Fuck that form! She ne-"
"Luke, calm down. It's her job."

I grabbed the form and we took a seat. I was quickly filling out the form when another contraption was coming on. Luke filled out the rest and handed the form to the receptionist. A nurse came and put me in a wheelchair. He took us to a room. He handed me a gown and he said my doctor will be here soon. I changed and

"Do you need anything?"
"Yea. I'm fine."
"You sure?"
"Luke, I-"

Another contraption came on as the doctor came in.

"Alright, Mrs.Strong. How far apart are the contraptions?"
"About 10 minutes."

He nodded and then checked my blood pressure and then checked my heartbeat. He called the nurse and she took us to this big room that had a lot of equipment in it.

"Mrs. Strong, time to get this baby out of you.", he said with a smirk.

9 hours later....

"Mr and Mrs. Strong, meet your baby boy."

The doctor handed me my son. As I kissed his forehead, Kaneshia came in with Kari who was holding two dolls.

"Come here baby. Come meet your baby brother."
"He looks like daddy."

Kari kissed his forehead.

"Now, I have someone to play soccer with."
"He's not quite big enough yet, sweetie."
"What's his name, mommy?"
"Kendall Jaxon Strong."

I glared at Luke when his phone ranged. He mouthed the word "sorry" and stepped in the hall.

Luke POV:
"Hey, baby. I can't talk now."