Chapter 12: Surprises

Kira POV:

I smiled when I woke up in Luke's arms. I listened to the sound of his breathing and I ran my fingers along his jawline.

"Kira.", he said dragging out the last letter of my name.
"Yes, baby."
"Now I'm baby. I was daddy last night.", I instantly blushed as he chuckled.

He kissed my forehead.

"When is Kari coming home? I miss her"
"Me too. She'll be here around 10."
"Kira, it is 10."

I turned around and saw that my clock had said 10:04. I jumped out of bed and threw some clothes on. I heard Luke chuckling behind me.

"Not funny. Luke, get dress. I don't want her to see us naked together."

He got up and put on his clothes from last night. As soon as we got down the stairs, the front door flew open and a already hyper Kari almost knocked me down. Luke chuckled as he closed the door behind Kaneshia.

"Daddy!"

Kari jumped into Luke's arms and he picked her up. A smirk went across Kari's face.

"Daddy, did you and mommy have a sleepover?"
"Umm, yes we did."
"What did you two do, Daddy?"

I chuckled and smiled at Luke.

"Yea. What did we do, Daddy?"

His eyes widened.

"Baby, have you eaten breakfast yet?, he said, dodging the question.

She shook her head and ran in the kitchen.

"That wasn't funny."
"It actually was."

I walked in the kitchen with Rio and Kaneshia trailing behind me. Luke came shortly after.

I gave Kari and Rio a donut for breakfast.

"Kira, that's not healthy.", Kaneshia said with a concerned look.

I sighed and poured them both some orange juice in a glass.

"How about now?", I said and Kaneshia sighed and Luke chuckled.

"Mommy can we go play?"
"Sure."

Kari, Rio and Luke went to the backyard. I turned to see Kaneshia smirking at me.

"What?"
"How was it?"
"Oh my god, Kaneshia. It was amazing. It was better than before. I slipped and called him daddy."

Kaneshia laughed at me as I turned red.

I looked outside to see Luke and the kids huddled in a circle. Guess they're playing football.

"So, Do you think it'll last this time?"
"I don't see why not. I'm not on drugs anymore, we have Kari and we're still in love."
"I'm so happy for you two. Now Luke and you can go on double dates with me and KJ."

You remember KJ, right? My best friend. Well, later on him and Kira started hooking up and she got pregnant with Rio. A little bit after that, they finally started dating and got engaged. They're the perfect couple.

Luke walked in and hugged me from behind.

"Hey, baby."
"We're going out tonight."
"Where?"
"It's a surprise. Just wear something nice and be ready at 8."

He patted me on the ass and then walked back outside to play with the kids.

I gave Kaneshia a confused look and she just shrugged.

8 pm

Kaneshia had took the kids awhile ago, so I could go out with Luke. I wore a little black dress and some sparkling silver heels. I wore some silver hoops and I put my hair in curls. I waited downstairs and opened the door when I heard a knock. It was Luke. He was wearing a blue suit and I noticed he had gotten a haircut. His hair was still long, but not as long as it was. Before it was longer than mine.

"Hey, beautiful."
"Hi. Are you going to tell me where we're going now?"
"Nope."
We got into the limo and it reminded me of our first date. I heard Luke chuckling beside me.

"What?"
"Remember our first date?"
"You mean when you ignored me the whole ride because you got pissed off at someone on the phone."
"Remember how it ended?"
"Yeah, we had sex in a vacant room against the wall."

I blushed.

"I didn't think it was possible for you to get any more beautiful."
"I love you, Luke."
"I love you too."

We arrived at a nice restaurant. Luke told the guy his name and we were seated in the secluded area. In the area, there was a woman singing, but I had my back turned to her. Luke ordered the steak and I ordered chicken nuggets and French fries. It's the safest thing to get from a restaurant, you've never been to. Luke and I did small talk until our food arrived. When we finished we both stood up, but I turned around to the stage when I heard a familiar voice. It was Kari, wearing a baby blue dress with a white bow on it.

"Umm, excuse me?!"

Everyone turned towards her.

"Mommy, I really love daddy. But he's never with us. But he can be if you say yes."
"What?"

I turned around to see Luke on one knee. He was holding the most beautiful and the biggest ring I ever saw.

"Kira Wilde, you're my yesterday, my today, my tomorrow, my forever. I'm in love with you. That love is yours forever. I promise. I promise to love you and Kari for as long as I'm breathing. Ms.Kira Wilde, will you do me the honor of becoming Mrs.Kira Strong?"
"Oh my god! Yes, Luke!"

I hugged Luke as veryone around us applauded and Kari ran to us. I saw Kaneshia who was holding a camera and Rio come up from behind Luke.

"Oh my god, you knew?"
"Yes and it was so hard keeping a secret from you."

I chuckled and hugged Luke again.

"Oh my god. WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!"
"I think this is where you kiss me now."

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him.