Chapter 14: Don't forget

Kaneshia POV:
I can't believe I'm gonna be an aunt again. When I got off the phone with Kira, I walked in the den to find KJ. When I got there, I was awaited on by a punch to the face. I fell on the ground and felt him kicking me.

"KJ, please"
"Shut up! You stupid whore."

I could tell he had been drinking again. He kicked me on my side and that's when I blacked out.

Luke POV:

"Kari, will you come in here?!"

We waited for her to come in the room. She came in and sat on my lap.

"Me and daddy have something to tell you."
"Is daddy leaving?"
"No,of course I'm not leaving. I'll never leave."
"Oh, OK."
"You're gonna be a big sister."
"Really?!"
"Yep. You're gonna have a little brother."
"I always wanted a brother."
"I'm glad you're excited about it, sweetie."

She hugged us and ran back downstairs.

"Kira."
"Yeah?"
"I missed 5 Years of Kari's life. I don't wanna miss anything with this baby."
"You won't. I promise."
"How do you know that? Especially with everything with work."
"Because I see how you are with Kari. You love her. You took a week off work when she just had a cold. I know you will be a great father to him."

I put my hand on her stomach. I looked up at her face and she looked like something was bothering her.

"What's wrong?"
"Will you love me when I get fat?"
"Why wouldn't I?"
"Because you have a type."
"What?"
"You like skinny girls with ass and long hair...Like Cara."
"Kira, I would love you no matter what, but I need you to let the Cara thing go. I have to get back to work, but we will talk about this more later."

I kissed her forehead and went downstairs to see Kari watching TV. I hugged her and went to work.

Kira POV :

I needed to get out to clear my head, so I took Kari to the park. We stayed there until it got dark. We was walking back to the car when I saw him. My attacker from 5 years ago.