Chapter 17: The Wedding

Luke POV

Days have passed and it was Saturday. Also known as my wedding day. I was nervous and I haven't seen Kira since last night. Kaneshia said it was bad luck. I missed her. The wedding was in an hour and a half and I wasn't even ready. I put on my tux and was adjusting my tie when there was a knock at the door. I opened it to find Kari wearing a white lace dress with a pink ribbon across the waist. She was holding her basket full of rose petals. She looked so adorable.

"Hey, baby."
"Hi,daddy.", she said quietly, which was unusual for the always hyper 5 year old.

"What's wrong, Ari?"
"Mommy was crying."

I looked at her eyes and saw how worried she was.

"Sweetie, mommy was crying because she's happy. She can't wait to get married to me. Everything's fine."
"Really?"
"Promise."

A smile appeared on her face.

"I love you, daddy."
"Love you too, baby."

She gave me a big hug and then say on the couch.

"Daddy, how much longer until you and mommy get married?"
"I don't know. Let me check."

I looked down at my watch and my heart nearly jumped out my chest.

"Sweetie, daddy's suppose to be at the altar already, so you should go to your mommy."

I rushed out to the altar to be greeted by a pissed Kaneshia.

"You're late.", she said through grief teeth.
"Only by a few minutes.", I said while linking arms with her.

Everyone rosed from their seats as we walked down the altar and I flashed a smile at Kira's family, which wasn't as big as mine. A few minutes later, the bridesmaids came through the doors, linked with my groomsmen. After them my adorable daughter came through throwing out rose petals. Kari hugged me before taking her place beside Kaneshia. The doors open and my beautiful bride came walking through with my Dad linked to her arm. She had a beautiful smile on her face. I smiled when I saw her baby bump through her dress. When she reached me, my dad kissed her forehead and he whispered something in Kira's ear, which she nodded and giggled in response. We joined hands and the reverend cleared his throat before talking.

"We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you.
Mr. Luke Strong, do you take Ms.Kira Wilde to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"
"I do."
"Ms. Kira Wilde, do you take Mr.Luke Strong to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"
"I do."

Tears began running down Kira's face.

"With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I grabbed Kira and kissed her, passionately. I pulled away when I remembered that our family was watching us. We ran down the aisle and got in the limo, which was taking us to our reception. Kira changed dresses in the car. It took everything I could not to take her right there. I simply kissed her and she laid her head against my chest.

"We're married!"
"I love you so much, Kira."
"I love you too, Luke."

We arrived at the reception, which was at in my backyard. We were going to have it inside but the upstairs hallway is still covered in boxes filled with Kira and Kari things. The reception went pretty good. Me and Kira just wanted to be alone, but her family was kinda crowding us. When reception was over, it was time to leave for us to leave for the honeymoon. We were going to Paris. Our bags were already in the limo. We said goodbye to everyone and Kari. She was gonna stay with Kaneshia until we came back. We took a quick picture and then drove off in the limo.

OK. I'm going to be honest. I hated this chapter. I kept getting frustrated with it. I'm going to do a time jump, because I really don't want to do any honeymoon chapters. Thank you for reading though.