Chapter 33

Chapter 33: You And Me

Luke POV:

"You will let my daughter back in your school.", I said in a harsh tone.

"And If I don't?"

I let out a humorless laugh.

"If you don't your wife might just so happen find a few photos of you and the nanny on top of that kitchen table that she eats on."

His green eyes went wide.

"H-how do y-you-"

"Don't worry about that. Now are you gonna let Kari back into school or not?"

"Y-yes. Of course."

I grinned and nodded at him. He scooted from my desk and hurried out the room. I started answering emails and soon I was so lost in it, that I didn't notice Kira come in until she cleared her throat for me to acknowledge her. I looked up and sucked in a gasp. This is the first time I'm seeing her today as I came in early today. She looked so sexy in her nude colored chiffon dress. It was tight around her perfectly round ass. I almost grinned at her until I realized that she left the door open and one of the other male employees was obviously checking her out. I glared at her.

"Close the damn door.", I demanded.

"O-okay sir."

She walked towards the door and closed it. I could make out her panty li- Wait, is that a thong?! Since when does she wear those?!

"Go change."

"Excuse me, Mr.Strong?'

"Your attire is inappropriate. Go change."

"No. My dress covers everything. I'm not changing."

"Not covering much if I can see your thong. And since when do you wear those? Are you trying to show off to one of those shitheads out there?"

"As my boss, it's none of your business what undergarments I decide to wear and whether or not I am showing my ass to any of the other employees, Mr.Strong."

"It is my business as your husband, Mrs.Strong."

"You're not my husband right now. You're my boss. Now tell me what my assignment is for today."

I sighed and handed her the papers off my desk.

"File these papers alphabetically by last name and if they don't have a name on them, throw them out."

"Yes, sir."

She took the papers and exited my office, swinging her hips, taunting me. Kira already made a rule about no sex in the office, but of course she was making it extremely hard. I went back to answering emails to distract myself.

Kira POV:

I wonder what all these files are for. I was halfway done and I looked inside the file cabinet and noticed one blue folder. It was odd because the rest was beige. I picked it up and my heart raced as I saw the name. It was Cara's file. Cara. My husband's mistress. His old assistant. The reason I left him. The reason I wouldn't let him hire another assistant. I slowly opened it. It had pictures and papers in it. I sat at the table in Luke's personal break room. I picked up a picture. It was of Cara and Luke. They were at the park. He was kissing her cheek as she smiled at the camera. I looked at the date and time stamp. It was the day before Kendall was born. We were still together. I felt my eyes watering. I picked up another. It was of him proposing to Cara. Something Luke never mentioned. He lied to me. He said he didn't love her. He said he o-

"Kira, Do I h-"

He looked up and saw my hurt eyes. His eyes wandered to the file on the desk and then to the picture in my hand.

"Kira."

"You lied to me."

"Baby, It's over. Cara's dead. What do you want me to do?"

"If Cara was still here, would we be together right now?"

"It doesn't m-"

"Answer me."

"I'm not ans-"

"Answer me!"

"No! No, I don't think we would be together. Ba-"

I brought my hand up and slapped him with all the strength I could conjure up. He had a red mark on his cheek.

"I quit, Luke."

"Kira.."

"Not just being your assistant. I quit at being your second choice. And I quit at being your wife."

"No! No, Kira. I'm not losing you again. I'm not losing my family again. Please. You're not taking my kids."

I walked passed him without saying a word. I almost made it out the door until he grabbed me and pushed me against the wall.

"Please. I'm in love with you. You're having my baby. We have 3 kids. I told you once and I'll say it again. I'm not going anywhere and neither are you. Every time you get hurt, you run. Stay and talk to me, Kira."

"You love her. You don't w-want me."

"You're wrong."

"I need some time."

"Don't take my kids, please."

"I'm not. I'm gonna stay with Kaneshia for a few days. I just need to think."

"Okay. I love you, baby."

I nodded, not sure if I believe it or not. He let me go and I walked passed him and out the building.

Luke POV:

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK