Chapter 34

Luke-

It's been weeks since Kira left. Weeks since I last saw her. She said she just needed a few days. She sees the kids every school day. She picks them up from school and she usually brings them back home later that night. Kylie told me that she misses it when Kira and I both tucked her in bed. I miss her. Every time things are going good with us, something messes it up. I don't even know why that file was still there. I decided to go for a late run. I was almost at the half a mile mark, but I stopped when I realized that I was in the park that I met Kira at. I remembered how that guy grabbed and how I just wanted to protect her. I wanted to pull her against me and run off with her. My body was filled with rage as I remembered how bad her head was bleeding. I'll kill that guy if I ever see him again.

"Luke."

I turned around to see Kira in a tight black jumpsuit. She had sweat on her forehead, so I guess she might've been running.

"Kira. Hi, what are you doing here?"

"I needed to clear my head, so I went for a run, but then I saw the park, so I decided to take a break. Then I saw you."

I nodded. My eyes drifted all over her body, yearning to touch it.

"Luke. We need to talk."

"Yeah, we do."

"I don't want a divorce.", we said at the same time.

I looked at her and she giggled.

"I miss that."

"Miss what?"

"The sound of your giggle. The sound of your voice. Your side of the bed is so cold and I miss having you there. Come back to me, baby."

"Luke, I love you, but-"

"No. No buts. Just come home. I need you. The kids need you."

"Okay, but-"

"No buts"

She smiled at me and I pulled her on my lap.

"Kiss me."

I gave her a half-smile. I pulled her face towards me and pressed my lips against hers. She eagerly kissed back. She yanked my hair, making me gasp. She took the opportunity to slide her tongue in my mouth. Our tongues battled for dominance. I won. My tongue explored her mouth, while my hands explored her body. She moaned into my mouth. We were interrupted by her growling stomach.

"When's the last time you ate?"

"This morning."

"Baby, it's almost 10. Come on, I made dinner."

We got off the bench and started walking home.

"What did you cook?"

"I made Salmon and rice."

"You didn't give Kylie any salmon did you?"

"Yeah, why?"

Kira stopped in her tracks and looked at me. Her face pale.

"Kylie is allergic to fish."

My eyes widened. We both took off and started running towards the house. As we got closer, we could hear the siren of an ambulance. We ran to them to see Kylie lying on an gurnee with a breathing mask on her face.

"Are you the parents?"

"Yes. We just went for a run. Is Kylie okay?"

"We need to get her to the hospital. Her throat is closing as we speak."