Chapter 11

Buckys POV –

"Did I do something wrong?"

"What? No. You've done nothing wrong."

I reached my flesh arm out and put my hand on her shoulder. I had to get close to her in this moment. She stood bare in a top I'd never seen before, those same shorts but no blanket around her. I could tell she had been crying and in this moment, Y/N was the most broken I had ever seen her.

We both stood in silence. Y/N had her head down and I kept my hand with her.

"You've changed Buck."

Your POV –

Bucky let out a long sigh. His eyes fluttered down and his hand to his side. I felt the warmth leave my arm.

"Y/N, I- " He stopped. The soldier remained still and nothing but hushed breaths came out of him.

"What did I do wrong Bucky?"

"Nothing, you've done nothing wrong." He insisted.

"Then why did you change? What happened?"

"I...I don't know." He struggled for an answer. "I don't know what happened. It just did."

Buckys POV –

That was a lie. I knew exactly why I had changed. Silence returned.

"I heard Tony." I couldn't help a massive sigh leave my lips. "Is it true? Is that why you changed?" The words ran out of her, and her eyes started to tear.

"Y/N, no of course not! Stark, he...fuck...he made it up! Y/N, I promise."

I could see her break. Her eyes shattered and her chest raised in panic. I'm going to kill Tony.

"But Tony said, and it would make sense and I don't know what to believe anymore." She gulped in her tears.

"You need to believe me Y/N. I care about you so much and Tony is just twisting things. I would never do that to you." I walked towards her and reached my arm out again, but she pulled away. I have never seen her like this before.

"But I don't know Bucky! I don't know! I don't know who you are!." Y/N gulped in again. I could see panic rising up through her body – over riding her mind and heart.

"Y/N," I stepped a little closer, and deepened my gaze in her eyes. "Hey hey hey, I would never do that to you."

"Then why did you change Bucky! Can't you see how lonely I am! Why did you change Bucky! I'm too much aren't I? I'm such a mess and you just want to get yourself lucky after me."

"Y/N, it's not like that. Please try and calm, you're panicking."

"But it is! It always is! They always leave! I'm such a mess Bucky! I-"

Your POV –

I can't. I can't. I can't. This whole thing. Bucky, I need you. He's holding me, but I can't feel it. It's like all my feelings that can't be released with screaming coming out at once. I felt like I was swallowing air and water, put everything was being pushed out of me at the same time.

Bucky, help me.