Chapter 21

Your POV -
"Y/N, can you hear me?"
My heavy head nodded slightly.
"It's Banner," he sat on the bed. "Bucky brought you here after you had a panic attack and fell unconscious. Do you remember?" He asked tentatively, trying not to jerk any unwanted memories. But it was too late. As soon as he mentioned Bucky, my mind immediately shot back to the simulation that had taken over my body. I pushed my eyes together, I buried my head deeper into the pillow, trying to get the thought to leave.
I heard the beeps from the heart monitor next to me speed up, and Banner took my hand.
"Calm down Y/N. You're ok." Banner drew circles on my hand with his finger tips giving me something to focus on, instead of Bucky.
"Stay calm," he said.
"Where's Bucky?" I asked, trying to create some strength. My mind wandered back to the messy soldier part of me loved.
"He's resting at Steve's at the moment- you should be resting as well." Banner advised, but my mind wouldn't rest.
"Does he know I'm ok?"
"No not yet, you aren't really ok anyway Y/N. Please rest."
I sunk into the bed, my body resting but my anxious brain was having a field trip.
What if he's left me?
What if he saw the true me? The ugly mess that was my anxiety riddled soul.
What if the simulation was real?
"Y/N?" Banner interrupted, but couldn't stop me from spiralling.
He's gone.
He's left.
But part of me couldn't allow it. Wouldn't allow this. My breathing hitched as I whispered,
"Bucky."