Chapter 15

Bucky's POV –

I hate waiting. These lights are too bright and I hate it. It doesn't usually take this long. What if something's gone wrong? I should be in there. It's not that I don't trust Y/N by herself, I just feel as if I should be in there. I'm meant to be protecting her. I can't stand this. I jumped out my seat, as the door in front of me which I had being staring at all this time, finally opened.

"Y/N"

"Hey Buck," Her head was down, but she didn't sound anxious or upset.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I held her face in my hands and moved it side to side, checking for any tear marks, or anything that shouldn't be there. Y/N giggled, but still kept her eyes off mine.

"I'm fine Buck, honestly."

"Y/N's making great progress," Banner began, "Her weight is still a little under what we would like, but it's nothing to be overly concerned about. Overall, her physical state is making a real improvement."

"How about emotionally?"

Banner and Stark had been able to create these crazy machines that almost went inside Y/N's brain and tested her against different stimulations. The last few times we've been here, I wasn't allowed in the testing room with her, but I stood and watched through a glass panel. The machines brought back images of HYDRA, but I had to stay strong for Y/N. I hated to see her go through this emotionally draining testing, but I knew it might help.

"Still not as stable as we'd like and she's still at risk to herself. We'd like to bring her back next week to do some more testing's, and there may be some drugs we could prescribe her."

"Of course, same time next week then?"

Banner nodded and I took Y/N's hand, and guided her out of the room.

Out in the hallway of normal lighting, I squeezed her hand.

"Can we go home please Bucky?" Y/N whispered. I know something's up now.

"Of course Y/N." We entered the elevator, which is when we saw Stark.

"Bucky! Y/N! How are you both?" He was getting out, but kept his hand over the door to stop it from closing. "It's been so long, we should really get together more often – oh I know, I'm having a party this weekend, you guys should come!"

I detested this guy.

"Maybe." I gritted my teeth.

"It would be nice to see you all dressed up again, Y/N." Stark boldly announced, staring Y/N up and down like a piece of meat. Y/N's eyes sighed, and just looked down heavily.

"Right, whatever Stark. Just fuck off."

"Okay bud, calm down, it's just a bit of fun. The lady didn't take no offence."

"Bucky." The low syllables left Y/N's mouth. I needed to get Stark away, I needed to protect Y/N.

"Just go away Stark. We don't want to attend your party and we don't want to speak to you."

"Since when did you start speaking for Y/N? She might want to attend my party, and I think she would find me quite handsome in my party outfits and I know I would find Y/N particularly ravishing in one of those dresses I know you have."

I punched him.

"Bucky." Y/N turned her body so her face rested on the top of my chest. I knew I had made things worse. I wrapped my flesh arm around her waist.

Stark lay on the floor, just outside the elevator, leaning on one hand and holding his bleeding nose with the other.

"This seems to be a frequent event whenever I see you."

"Maybe it's a sign you should have fucked off then."

The metal doors on the metal box shut.

"I'm sorry." Y/N's arms surrounded my torso, as she pushed her head closer into my chest. "I'm so sorry" I held her closer to me with both arms now, and rested my face on her head, slightly kissing the top of her head. As the doors to the elevator opened onto our floor, Y/N didn't move.

"Don't leave me."

"I won't." I scoped her legs up as her arms stayed attached to my top. I carried her delicate body out of the elevator and into the apartment, where I sat down on the grey sofa with Y/N still hugged around me.

This is how I wished it could always be. Right here and right now, I feel as if nothing can hurt her. My arms cocooned around her body, completely surrounding her beautiful self. Ever since Stark and I's first argument a few months ago, Y/N and I have become closer than before. She has trusted me with so much, and we have spent countless nights just sitting up talking.

My girl.