Chapter 24

Your POV -
"How can you love me? You barely know me."  I was struggling with the concept that anyone could fall for such a mess like me. "Bucky, you don't know what you're saying." I shook my head lightly in disbelief, pain ringing through it.
"I do Y/N." He took my hand back, after I had pulled it away from him a couple of minutes before.
"But the simulation? You said-"
"That wasn't me. I would never say that Y/N I swear." Bucky sighed a little at my lack of response. "I would never hurt you Y/N, I would never dream of it, and I know this won't be easy but I want to help your recovery. I love you, and I want to get to know the happy version of the lady I love."
My eyes dropped down to our locked hands. Could this work? Was this right? Admittedly, I do have feelings for Bucky, but I don't love him. Not right now.
"Bucky,I-" I didn't want to hurt him, but I wasn't going to lie. "Bucky I like you, a lot." A sweet smile appeared on his face. "But I don't love you - I'm just not in the right place right now."
"I understand," he pitched in. "And I'm not asking you too love me, just...I want to help you Y/N. Can you let me do that?"
He paused, waiting for my answer. I thought over his question for a long time. I wanted to get better, and maybe letting someone help was the right thing to do.
"Ok. We do this together though?"
"Absolutely." Bucky beamed, as he flung his arms around my body.
"Thank you Y/N."
-------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for 5k reads! It honestly means so much!! 💛 Sorry for such a short update but more to come soon! Xx