Chapter 13

Your POV –

It had been 6 months since the confrontation with Bucky, and things had started to get better since. I have become close to Bucky again, even closer than before, and I started to trust him more to help me get better. Although, I'm still not sure if I'll ever be able to trust him with everything.

My recovery hasn't been easy, and hasn't been as quick as I think Bucky expected either, but I'm much better. It started with small things, such as getting up and just watching Friends all day, or getting dressed. I then tried getting up and showering more often, and Bucky would invite Nat or Clint around to talk. I would then start to go into the common room, but some days I would fall again and just stay in bed wrapped in covers. I would feel weak. We had made so much progress and I would just throw it away. Bucky would say,

"You're still recovering Y/N, no one expects you to be up every day."

But I still felt weak.

Now at 6 months, nearly 7, of recovery I get up and shower almost every day. Steve still comes to the apartment and last week went out with Bucky for the day.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"Buck, I'm going to be fine. Nat will be here soon don't worry. Plus, you and Steve need a proper catch up. You haven't been out together since you moved in. I promise I'll be fine." I will never forget the way he slid his hands in mine as I said that.

There isn't anything between the solider and I. I mean, I have feelings for him – I think it would be hard not to – but there's nothing else. He's seen me at my worst and no one can ever fall in love with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, we've got a medical with Bruce at 10! He just want a quick check up on you!" The solider bellowed from the other side of the apartment. I grunted in reply.

My outfit of choice was particularly new today. I would usually go for sweats or leggings, but today I had on black skinny jeans and a large jumper. I hadn't put on make-up in months, and I didn't really care for it. I don't think I want to look like my old self, until I feel right.

"You're looking particularly lovely today," Bucky said as he walked into the kitchen where I was sat and grabbed something from the fridge.

"Well I want to look nice when Banner or one of his nurses pokes me in places I'd rather they not."

Bucky chuckled but gave me a smile of sympathy. I hate those smiles.

"We better get going before Stark gets there. Did you want me to come and sit in the consulting room with you this time?"

I took a while thinking over Bucky's offer. The last times I've been there I had to be strip down to just my underwear, which I could tell was embarrassing for Bucky, but of course he never said anything.

No, I think it would be embarrassing for him and me this time. I'd rather go alone.

"No its okay," I smiled at him, "I can do this alone."