42

( A/N: This is not a short two-sentence creepy story. But this happened to me when I used to live in my old house which was haunted)

It was summer and I was under my blanket on my laptop scrolling through my news feed on Facebook. My brothers and sister were at their friend's house and since I'm the middle child I can't go anywhere.

I checked the time to see how long I was awake for and it said exactly 1:00 am. A few minutes past and I heard creaking noises by my door.

The flooring was wooden so if you walk you could hear the creaking coming from the wooden flooring. But this one was different, whatever it was it was trying to be careful not to alarm me.

Like you know how you try to sneak into the kitchen at night slowly trying to wake up your parents? Yeah, it was once of those types. It was trying not to make any loud sound.

Well, me being me I watch a lot of scary stories so I pretended to sleep thinking "it would help" so I turned off the laptop and pretended to sleep.

The creaking got closer and closer then I heard my bedroom door open slowly sending chills to go down my spine. The creaking stop but that wasn't the only thing that creeped me out.

I then sound of giggling like little kids laughing and by their laughter, I figured out there were 3 little girls by my door.

I heard the footsteps coming closer near my bunk bed (A/N: I share a room with my siblings so we had a bunk bed) I tried closing my eyes tight praying this was a dream. I thought this was my imagination playing tricks on me but when I heard my money jar knocked over and I froze in fear.

I tried my best to fake my sleep and lucky I did fell asleep.

The next morning I was having breakfast with my parents still creeped out about what happened last night. "Was that you in the kitchen last night?" My dad asked me. I stop eating my toast and began to stare at it "no it wasn't me" I said without looking at him.

"You're always lying you need to change your behavior," he said then left to go to work. After that night I'd beg my sister and brothers to never go to their friend's house again.

+ + + +
Thanks for reading and this is a true story it still haunts me today. I have more of these creepy ghost stories and if you want to hear more comment below.