Chapter one|One week away

Before you start reading this book, this is a LUCAYA/LAYA story. Even though there are R word scenarios in ALOT of this book, you will understand as this goes on, it is NOT a... Rucas... book.

Maya

"We're going away." Riley said, breaking our long silence.

We were at my apartment on the balcony. I was sat trying to tan in the scorching heat, which was unsuccessful as of yet.

Riley sat at a small table with one chair, sipping on an ice-cold glass of water.

"What?" I ask, lifting me sunglasses.

"Me, Lucas, Farkle, Zay and Missy. We were planning on having a week away abroad." She replied, taking another sip of water.

"And you want me to come?" She nodded her head, smiling. "Sure."

"Great. Lets prepare for One Week Away."

_____

"Hey Lucas, Farkle." Riley said happily as she skipped into the park.

"Hey babe." Lucas replied, standing up to kiss her. Or rather make out.

I glanced at them, sharing Farkle's disgusted look.
"Uh- hey Farkle." I said, walking over to him and sitting beside him. I put my bag down and we sat in silence for a moment.

"Hey Maya." He said, shaking off the view.

When Riley's and Lucas's lips finally parted, I sighed in relief.

It was like torture watching them lick eachothers faces off. Literally.

They had their arms around each other, and faced us.

"Can we go now?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at the couple.

They nodded their heads and I grabbed my bag, flinging it over my shoulder as I stood up.

We walked to a small restaurant, about a ten minute walk from the park.

Obviously Riley and Lucas were inseparable, and it really ticked me off, but then again they are going out, and they are my best friends. I didn't want to feel this way, but I couldn't help it.

Farkle and I had no choice other than to make conversation, as the others weren't being very sociable.

"So, are you ready for the last year of university?" I asked him, even though I didn't really care. No offence to him, but he got boring easily.

"Yes, I can't wait to fianlly finish my last year of physics and biology, maths in particular. Algerbra is my favourite, you see it's not that hard if you just-"

My brain shut down. I don't care about university. I didn't even need to go, but university is one of the best times of your life, so really, I just went to party and get a boyfriend. And decent grades. But that wasn't majorly important to me.

I walked and pretended to listen to Farkle for another few minutes until we arrived at the restaurant. And then he decided to shut up.

A lady with a fake smile and long blonde hair showes us to our table.

She even got into a conversation with us. Correction; Farkle. About sciency stuff. She was trying to impress him.

The way she batted her eyelashes and discreetly pulled her blouse down.

Now she was actually smiling.

I signed and sat down, thinking about how unsuccessful I had been in getting The One. I knew who I wanted my ideal man to be like, and Riley said she would help me find him, but didn't know who he was.