Chapter 6|One week away

-Day Two-

♥Maya♥

Today was based on Farkles interests.

And it wasn't just his interests. Because today we were visiting the Colesseum.

The Colesseum.

I gasped when I saw it, blinked a few times, just to see it was real. We were actually going.

Obviously we would be just like any other tourists; taking pictures, making memories. But it was different. I felt like the luckiest person alive to have this amazing opportunity.

Today there was a slight breeze, so I chose to wear a black crop top with light blue denim shorts and a thin, black and flower patterned jacket.

I grabbed a pair of white converse from my closet and ran down to the living room.

Finding my bag off the counter I filled it with my phone, my camera and some money, just in case.

After fixing myself a bowl of raspberries and yoghurt I walked to the living room and sat on the couch.

I stared out the sliding window/door, watching the birds swoop over the lake and hear their morning birdsong.

No holiday would beat this; I was with my best friends, whom I all loved, and I was in a beautiful country, with amazing weather.

Those things added up to the perfect holiday. Let's hope it continues like this.

Missy walked downstairs, completely engaged in her phone. So engaged she didn't notice me walk behind her. So engaged she didn't realise as I went to jump on her from behind. So engaged in her conversation with Josh

I looked at the last message which read: I've got to go, but I love you Josh xx I'll see you soon.

What?

Missy jumped and screamed, turning around to face me. Did I just say that out loud?

"Oh my god, Maya! You scared the life out of me!" She shouted out of surprise.

She seemed fairly calm, but her cheeks were flushed, indicating that she would've been hiding something from me. I already knew now, but still.

"Josh?!" Was all I managed out.

She gasped and and rubbed her eyes.

"Oh god, please Maya, don't say anything. I wanted to tell you, I really did, but I didn't know how to say, or what to say. Please understand." She pleaded.

"When? When did this happen?" I asked, hapoy for her, but shocked.

"A few weeks ago. But please just don't say anything, I'll tell the others in my own time."

I nodded and didn't reply as Riley came jogging downstairs as well.

"Hey." We greeted her. She smiled and butered some bread.

"So are you ready for today?" Missy asked. She looked at me as if to say: Don't even think about us.

"I don't know. I mean I saw everything when we arrived, but its like, wake up, and you are still going to find out you're going to the Colesseum. Like, for real." She said, taking a bite out of the bread.

I ate a raspberry and nodded, I haven't looked at the list as I want to keep it as a surprise each day, it's better that way. I think.

"Anyways, we should probably be going soon." Missy said, picking up a large bag and starting to fill it with snacks.