Chapter Eleven|One Week Away

💕Maya💕

"I kissed Farkle."

My breath got caught in my throat. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

Riley stared at me with tears in her eyes, threatening to pour out at any second.

"I'm not like this Maya. I can't be, but it felt so right, as if it was meant to happen, and it's been eating away at me, knowing I'm interested in someone else when I have a boyfriend." She started to cry, gripping onto my hands as if I was going to save her.
"And what do I do now? I can't live like this Maya, torn between two people I love."

"Oh my god I've been such a bad friend." I whispered, standing up and beginning to pace.

"What? Maya stop you haven't done anything."

I inhaled a last breath before I said it.

"Riley I've kissed Lucas."

Her head snapped towards me.

"Um, what?" She was trying to hold in anger now and I was smart enough to realise that.

"I was really drunk one of the times, I didn't realise what I was doing, the other, well i wasn't so drunk. Riley I felt so bad I didn't know how to tell you. Riley I feel so awful I'm so sorry."

She sat on her bed for several minutes, not looking at me.

"Leave." She finally said quietly, not rudely at least.

"Riley, I want to talk this through, we need to sort this out."

"Maya I said leave! Please just give me some space!" She shouted, tears pouring down her cheeks.

She was fuming now, and now some animal was eating away at my insides, tearing me apart slowly.
I turned quickly on my heels and hastily left her room, then ran down the hall into my room.
After slamming the door and locking it I lied down on my bed, letting my tears soak the pillow and bed sheets.

***

"Morning y'all." Missy said cheerily as we all took seats in our living room.
Missy stood in front of the sofa, looking like a teacher ready to teach a class of kids.

"Today is our last full day, and we leave tomorrow morning. Tonight we have a choice of activities which are the following: a night at the club, to stay over in the closet hotel, a little spa day to stay over in the spa's hotel, or to stay here and do whatever you please."

Missy said she was going to the club, which didn't surprise me to be honest. Riley picked the spa day, and looked rather pleased I wasn't going. I decided on staying, I honestly didn't deserve to be treated like a princess.
Zay chose clubbing. And Farkle, being Farkle, being weirdly weird chose the spa.

Maybe there's some weird explanation behind it, on how it relaxes your brain and releases stress or something.

Which left Lucas. Riley glared a bit when he told the group he'd stay. It didn't bother me, just because he's staying it doesn't mean I plan on spending my time with him.

Once the plans were settled we stood up to leave, but I decided to stay on the couch, being the lazy thing I am. Lucas stood up, but didn't move.
After everyone cleared out he said, with his back facing me, "Riley and I broke up."

It's all my fault. Tears prickled my eyes and I put my head in my hands.

"Oh god this is all my fault, what have I done, what have I done." I murmured, repeating it over and over again.

"Maya that's not going to change anything." He said sternly, looking calm and relaxed, however his eyes said the opposite.

"Well Lucas it is! Its all my fault okay?"

"Well she kissed Farkle so I guess we're even."

I rolled my eyes and through my hands in the air.

"Lucas that's not how it works! We can't just suddenly be even! It still happened okay? And she hates me now." I growled.

" Well right now I hate Farkle too! But he's my best friend, and as much as I hate doing what I've done I still don't seem to regret it Maya!" He half shouted.

"What?" I choked out, stuck between sobs.

"It's always been you."

"No. I'm not hurting anyone more than I already have. Sorry Lucas." I said in monotone before walking up the stairs.

Riley stood in her doorway, but as soon as she saw me she scurried back into her room and pretended like she hadn't heard anything.

Missy stood in her doorway too, looking at me with a sadness/anger.

"I can't believe you." She spat.

"So suddenly you hate me too?" I sighed in disbelief.

"I don't get it Maya. You mess around with Lucas and suddenly when it turns out bad for you, you just throw him away like you were just using him or something."

"Missy you know I hated myself for it! You of all people understood it wasn't easy! I'm not throwing him away I'm finishing what I started because I don't want to feel more guilty of continuing whatever relationship I had with him! Do you honestly think I would choose a guy over my best friend? Do you really think I'm that sick? I love Riley to pieces and you know that Missy! You know! And why? Why am I getting all of this blame? I'd prefer it was me rather than Riley or Farkle or Lucas going through this hell, but if you didn't notice they all cheated as well, so maybe you should just stay out of it for now! Because god I love all of you so freaking much and I didn't ever want this to happen but do you want to make this worse? Do you want to ruin our remaining friendship? Because I already feel dead inside at the loss of the first friendship." I shouted, but barely managed the words out on the last words.

I turned away before she could say anything more and slammed my door, breaking down fully on the floor.

My phone buzzed, and once I regained myself slightly I picked it up.

You never lost me.

She stood there in the doorway, holding her phone in one hand.

"God Maya what is happening to us?" She laughed, with no particular humour while looking out the window behind me.

She walked over and sat on my bed in front of me.

"I love you Maya/Riley" We said in unison, smiling slightly at eachother at our comment.

I sat on the bed next to her and hugged her so tight, never wanting to let go.

"I didn't think you'd turn him down like you did, and that was some speech out there." She mumbled into my hair.

"You will always come first honey." I confirmed, giving her another hug.

"Maya."

"Yeah?"

"Sing. Please I love hearing your voice in times like this."

"Do you want to hear a new one?" I say, smiling.

She nods her head eagerly and I clear my throat.

-Sings Don't Want It Back-

" You're so amazing Maya."

"Likewise. You'll change the world one day Riley, you know that right?"

She held out her hand towards me, "Together?"

I took it and smiled, before nodding.

"Together."

_____

Part one of two I guess, as this is only part of the day.

I know the drama was resolved rather quickly, and the chapter is rather short, but the chapters will be getting around 400-600 words shorter now as I'm getting lazy and otherwise I don't write at all.

I'm really happy to be writing again, I suddenly have a burst of motivation and will be updating more frequently now.

Anyways love you all thanks for reading and 500 views! -N