Chapter Eight|One Week Away

-Day Four-

Maya

"What should we do?"Missy asked, sipping on her orange juice.

I was lying on the sofa, taking up all of the space. Riley had tried whining at me to make me move, but I held up and ignored the noise.
My hands rested on my stomach, my legs crossed over one another. I had my eyes shut, thinking about Lucas.
I know I shouldn't be, but I kissed him yesterday, and the worst part is: I kissed him.
I was the person who closed the space. I was the one who made the final choice. I was the one who should've pulled away, and considered how Riley would feel.
I was the one who told him to keep it secret.

And what would happen now? Would things be awkward? Would people notice that something had happened?

I knew I need to act like everything is normal, but I feel guilty every time I see Riley.
She might never know, and I'll live with the biggest secret that I didn't tell my best friend.
We take on the world together, we go travelling together, we are always backing each others backs, if one of us cries, so does the other.
We can always tell each other every thing, and we can tell if either of us are upset or troubled. How am I going to keep it secret?
Personally I have no idea, but I have to, for my sake, for Riley's sake and for Lucas' sake.

"Maya, come on. We're leaving now."

I shot up and turned in the direction of the voice.
Missy was stood in the doorway looking at me.

"What?" I questioned, confused at her remark.

She rolled her eyes and let out a light laugh.

"I said five minutes ago that we were going to a cafe." She said, I panicked slightly and ran to grab a pair of shoes and my phone. "I knew you weren't listening."

"Riley, Lucas, Zay and Farkle are already outside." I nodded and finished pulling on my sandals on.

"Oh, and I know about the kiss." Missy finished, walking out the door and plastering a smile on her face when she joined the group outside, acting as if she had never said anything.

I knew I had to act the same, so I pulled the shades out my bag, and put them on, so they could cover the hurt in my eyes.

"Hey guys, let's go." I said as I reached everyone.
Another positive of wearing shades was that no one could see me looking at Lucas, who was also looking at me, searching for an answer, trying to ask me what he should do with himself now.
A question I didn't know the answer to.

Arriving there was normal, we sat down, ordered drinks and talked and then it hit me.

"What are we actually doing today?" I interrupted the conversation between Zay, Farkle and Riley.

The trio looked confused, then looked at me, then we looked at Missy, who grinned.

"I was wondering when that would be bought up." She chuckled, paused for a moment before replying. "We, are going clubbing." She said, and we cheered, after high-fiving and loud chatter, the looks we were getting from mainly elderly couples and families made us quieten down.

"We leave at 8pm tonight, that's why we are doing other things for the morning and first part of afternoon, and then we will get back to the villas around 5:30 to get ready and relax." She explained further, and we nodded, taking in the information.

As if on cue, I put my sunglasses back on so they covered my eyes again just when Riley shouted, "I'm going to the club with Lucas! He is officially my date."

I looked on Lucas, who effortlessly smiled with his eyes and mouth, but I could tell it wasn't all happiness, but also something else.
Betrayal? Sadness?
No, it couldn't be, he had to be happy, he was with Riley, not me.
He held her hands and nodded, which made her smile wider as he had agreed to go with her, of course.
I wanted to claim someone to go with, but who? Missy was my best friend, and she would be my first choice, and then there was Zay, who made me smile and was the funniest and easiest to be around, and then there was Farkle, who don't get me wrong, I do love him, but he's a bit safe. Like, doesn't drink and tries to restrict you from drinking, and I really need to drink today.