Chapter Nine|One Week Away

Day Five

💕Maya 💕

"You love Lucas."

"No."

"Maya just accept the fact that I know, please." She begged, placing her hand on mine.

"How?" I replied, shaking my head.

"I don't know, but I know you need to let it go, pretend it's not true and maybe one day it won't be.
But for now, I don't know what to suggest. You know him and Riley are together and for now there's nothing you can do about it." She finished, standing up and leaving my room.

I looked at the card next to my bed, which stated it was Riley's day.

Day 5-For Riley- horse riding on the beach-6pm.

I stretched my arms and sat up, adjusting my shirt. Throwing away the covers I stood up and walked to my dresser, pulling out a pair of high waisted denim shorts and a thin flowery button up shirt.

After brushing my tangled hair I pulled it up into a loose pony tail.

Hurriedly I start running downstairs, looking at my watch as I go: 10:43am.

"Oh, Lucas." I said in monotone, stopping dead on the stair case.

"Hey." He replied, smiling when he saw me.

"Lucas I need to talk to you," I frowned, looking down at my bare feet, "About last night."

"I don't remember anything."

"What? Lucas, please, just come outside with me."

"Fine."

Slowly I walked down the rest of the steps, avoiding any eye contact with Lucas.

We sat at the table, like we did our second day here.
He stared intensely at me, making me uncomfortable.
I looked away.

"What's going on?" He asked after a minutes of silence.

"I don't know, what is going on?" I replied, sighing. "We've kissed several times now and your-"

"Twice"

"What?" I asked, sharply turning to look at him.

"We've only kissed twice while we've been here." He said, giving me a confused look. "I told you before I don't remember last night."

"Oh." I said, looking down at my hands.

I slowly pushed my chair out from under the table and stood up, tightening my hair.

"Wait. Maya, what happened?" He said quickly, "last night, I want to know."

"It doesn't matter." I replied firmly, walking hastily back into the house.

***

"Why don't you tell him?" Missy asked. We were trailing behind the others on the way to the equestrian, where we would rent the horses and take a ride on the beach.

"Because why would I? I know I've already jeprodised their relationship enough, but I can't make it any worse. What about Riley?"

"Well, you've been saying what about Riley the whole time but has that stopped you?" I gave a her a look, warning her not to go further. "I'm just saying, it's not gonna be easy."

I had a discreet glow to my skin, I had spent so much time in the sun it didn't surprise me, but it was rare that I tanned.
Not that it looked like a tan, but whatever.

We reached the equestrian and walked to the desk.
Missy asked the lady at the desk where we could find our horses, and she told ua to follow her to 'stable section B'.

Each stable was numbered, 30-50. We were taken to stables 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 and 46.

Before me stood six horses, a smaller dun horse, which Riley had already claimed, a large bay horse, which Lucas had chosen, a palomino which Farkle had picked.
Zay chose a chestnut thourghbred, which left two more.

A dark brown horse that stood rather tall and a dappled grey horse, the second tallest, with fur covering it's hooves.

I'd always dreamed of owning a horse like this, intimidating yet beautiful, elegant yet powerful.

(True fact)

I stroked it's head and mane through the bars of the stable and smiled.

"Okay we'll get them tacked up and then you take them out." The lady smiled sweetly and walked off, returning to her desk.

Around 20 minutes later I pulled myself up into Paris, my horse.

She plodded along the cobbled path followed by Midnight, Missy's horse, Chestnut, Zay's horse, and Riley's and Lucas' horses were in front of me.
Sunset was a bit lazy, but Charlie, Lucas's horse seemed to be full of energy- it's a good job he knows how to ride.

Lucas has been looking at me when he can, his eyes searching for an answer I'm not going to give him.

We reached the beach and we cheered a bit, as we could finally start cantering.

I nudged Paris slightly, and she took off into a trot, after a second nudge she flew off, cantering along the beach, her hooves making a thumping noise with every step.

I watched the waves roll over, feeling the slight evening breeze blow my blonde hair back.

Zay caught up with me smiling.

"Having fun?" He asked beside me.

"Yeah, it's a shame we have to leave soon."

" We can always come back." He grinned.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled and slowed down.
I turned Paris, making her take off towards the ocean.
When I reached the wet sand I turned her again and she cantered along the sand, now spraying sea water up my ankles with every stride.

I closed my eyes for a second, appreciating everything, feeling everything pass through me, feeling a sense of release.

***

We had to return the horses all to soon.

I got ready for bed and sat on my phone for an hour, then saw the time.

We are at home, in America.
Everything is okay, no issues, no stress.
Lucas walks in.

"Hey babe." He says, walking over to me smiling, before leaning in and kissing me.
It reminds me of Greece, where our relationship started.
I love him.

I love Lucas Friar.

"Maya. Maya wake up."

___________________

It was only just a dreeeeeaaaaaaaammmmmm.

And Lucas does not rememmmmbbeeerrrrr.

Anddd this chapter is really shorrrtttt.

But I'm going on holiday tomorrow and I won't be able to update so I'd rather short chapter than no chapterrrrr.

Thanks for reading, remember to vote if you liked it, follow me/add to your library to know when I update and peace out😘😜✌

-N