Chapter four|One week away

Arriving

We arrived in Greece at half past two. We collected our bags from above our seats and headed to the exit of the airport.

After that we walked to a car rental which was a five minute walk away, but took ten because of the scorching heat and heavy bags.

I thought America was hot, no one ever told me Greece was ten times worse.

We rented out a six-seater car, Missy and I sat in the front, Zay and Farkle in the middle and Riley and Lucas in the back.

I did feel like Lucas was more important to Riley than myself, but I know from previous times I have become more closed off to my friends because I had a boyfriend around me all the time.

But this felt different. Me and Riley weren't best friends when that happened, when I had my last boyfriend we weren't planning to take on the world together, we were just planning our next sleepover or something.

The car ride was loud, as we were all singing to Justin Bieber's album Purpose the whole ride to the villas.

We had all payed several hundred dollars each for this holdiday, as it wasn't going to be easy for Missy to book two flights and a week long holiday by herself.

She was rich, but her parents were not paying thousands of dollars worth of holiday for her.

She had; 'big responsibility to show them she was an independent young adult now.'

I almost burst out with laughter when her mom said that. But they don't like me that much anyway so it wouldn't exactly have been a smart move.

The car pulled to a halt infront two semi-detached white villas, both with a balcony that had a wall you could easily climb over to get onto the others villas balcony.

I'm gonna go for this is where we were staying.

The location was beautiful, with a long winding road and path that lead down to the beach, emerald green trees surrounding the houses, everything white and pristine.

"This looks amazing." Riley breathed, stepping out the car.

We all nodded our heads in agreement.

Missy went to the doors and unlocked them both with the key she had been sent in a package a few days before the flight.

I watched everyone race inside, looking for their rooms. When Lucas discovered his room wasn't in the first villa, he climbed over the wall between the two balconies and started to search the other one.

Walking inside the first villa was like taking a step into heaven.

A hallway for shoes and coats lead to a open plan living room and kitchen. The kitchen had an island with three stools behind, and the living room had a white cotton sofa with a coffee table and television. Underneath the television that hung on the wall was a built in electric fireplace.

A wall that had been turned into large windows let in streams of light, making everything about the villa feel more like home.

The window revealed a huge lake, as no one had gardens, instead a lake and place to relax.

I walked up the stairs to reveal a hallway with four doors.

I walked past the first one, which had a note that read you, and I guessed that meant Missy.

The second room had a smiling Riley sat inside, and then she sighed.

"I need to go get my bags and unpack." She said groaning.