Chapter two|One week away

I am doing an early update coz ma girl babyminki asked me to. So I am. Normally I would post once a week, and that will be the case from now onwards but obviously today is an exception. Enjoy! 

♥Maya♥

Ding ding!

My phone buzzed. Again.

I clicked the on button to see yet another text from Riley.

Missy had texted a few times, but I told her I was busy. Riley had called a few times and was texting me a lot.

I could hear Lucas and Riley now on her balcony.

They were saying things to each other and then they would burst out with laughter.

I was glad she was happy, but I felt like someone was tearing my heart apart and leaving shattered pieces on the floor, stomping on them and then throwing them out a window.

I was gonna lose it soon.

"Ignore Maya, you know what she's like. She'll get over it soon, ignoring you like this is just pathetic." Lucas said loudly.

Thanks. Now I'm pathetic.

I'll show him how long I will take to get over it, and when he thinks I'm being pathetic I will tell him every single time he's been the pathetic one.

Was he unaware that it was summer and all my windows were open. I lived next door to Riley, and I was lying on my bed, eating cookie dough, with the balcony door open to let in air.

But he still said it so loud the creepy man on the bottom floor could hear him.

I heard a door close and looked out the balcony to see Riley stood alone. Had Luacs finally left?

I walked into my kitchen and put the cookie dough pot in the bin, then walked over to the back of my sofa and jumped over the back so I was sitting on it.

Girl meets world, a show I loved when I was younger was on, but I switched it to Friends which I had always loved.

A knock on the door interrupted my quiet room.

Now that Lucas had left I felt peace in the apartment.

I walked to the door and opened it.

Then I closed it.

Lucas' foot stopped it and he pushed it open. He was too strong.

"Oh, I'm sorry, can I help you?" I asked, my head to the side and my hands on my hips.

"Maya... what's going on?" He replied, "You used to tell me everything and now you, you feel distant."

"Well I guess things change." I said, turning around and getting myself a glass of ice water.

"I don't understand what happened, did I do something? I can make it up to you Maya, I swear."

"Lucas, some of my problems don't concern you." I snapped, "That's all there is to it."

He looked down for a moment and then looked back up.

"Look, we are going away in two weeks, and I've been stupid, I probably should've been a better friend to you recently, but we need to stop this pathetic fight."

"Well, I'm sorry but I recall myself being the pathetic one." I said rudely, "And it's hardly a fight."

He bit his lip and shifted as he remembered himself calling me pathetic.