Chapter Twelve|One Week Away

💕Maya💕

"He's all yours you know that." Riley said after several minutes of casual conversation and quite a few hugs.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused by her comment.

"Lucas," She says as if it was obvious. "He's all yours."

I attempt a weak smile. "Oh, Riley no. I can't do that. Whether you're together or not I can't do that, whether you say you want me to be with him or not it doesn't matter, I just can't be with him, it isn't fair on anybody."

She paused as if she was thinking of something really important to say. "Maya?"

"Yes?"

"Do you like him?"

"Yes."

"Do you really like him?"

I looked away for a minute before replying honestly. "Yeah I do."

She smiled at me. It was a bit sad, as if she was half forcing herself to do it because she knew that it would help make things better. "Then go get him honey, I don't care what anyone says. I know you liked him. I know you've liked him for a long time. Well, obviously I didn't know you liked him while we were going out, but I do now. Anyways what i'm trying to say is that if you love him then you have to take your chances. Take the moment while it's still there, because honey it will be worth it. I can see in his eyes how he cares about you. I never thought he saw you like that but it all makes sense now, so hun, go get him, because trust me, I know you want to."

She smiled at me again, ad this time it seemed more genuine, more like she chose to do it rather than forcing herself to do it.

I still didn't know if i could do it. I'm the reason things fell apart, and even though I'm a firm believer that God makes things happen for a reason, I'd still feel guilty every second that I'm with him, but I lo--

No, no no no. I can't say that. I can't. It can't be true, it can't even be possible.

But what if? What if i did love him? 

I held my index finger up at Riley, signalling her to give me a moment. I quickly took out my phone and searched the definition.

A strong feeling of affection.

I feel that towards him. Then I realised how bad i wanted him. To be with him, my dream for what feels like years now.

"Riley I like him. God, if the definition is right, yeah I love him. But how far can i take things? I'll feel guilty if i take things too far."

She placed her hand over mine. " Darling I don't care about how far you take things. Kiss him, have sex with him, marry him for all I care. Actually, wait some time before you marry him, and unless you get mega drunk please try and stay away from the major making out for a while." I nodded and she continued. " But otherwise, like i said earlier, he's all yours."

She squeezed my hand and stood up to leave. As she was in the doorway I stopped her.

"Riley." I called out. She turned around and smiled at me.

"Yes?"

"Thank you." I smiled.

"For what?"

I let out a small chuckle. She really forgets how amazing she is sometimes. "For being so cool with this situation, for letting this it go rather than holding a grudge, you forget how amazing you are, so thank you." 

"I love you Maya." She gave me a warm smile.

"I love you too honey."