Chapter Seven ~ Locked up

You ran down the hallway and pressed many buttons, went down an elevator and tried to follow which way the scream was heard.

"Miss, (Y/N) Mr. Stark wanted me to inform you that we were running tests on Mr. Barnes. We apologise for the noise."

Jarvis's voice rang in your ears and you knit your eyebrows together in a frown.

"Which way? Where are they?" You walk quickly down a last hallway. "To your right and another left." Jarvis once again speaks.

Following Jarvis's directions you figure out the maze and end up at a door with glass frames around it.

Hacking the code you rush into the room.

"(Y/N) you alright?" Steve walks over to you and puts his hands on your shoulders. "Yeah I- I just heard a scream." Your eyes flicker past Steve  and around the room.

"Tony's just running a few tests and injections. That's all. Bucky's fine, he's gonna be fine."

"But he sounded stressed." You move past Steve to find a thick glass wall, Tony who was in the same room as you operated a few machines and needles. Tony was controlling Jarvis who was inside the thick glass walled room.

Jarvis was giving Bucky needles.

You run over to Tony and watch the unconscious soldier thrashing around. He was tightly tied down on a what you'd call a hospital bed. His bare chest was rising up and down quickly as he took heavy breaths. Sweat dropped from His forehead.

Each time a needle was stabbed into him he growled in pain.

"Tony, it's hurting him. You'll make him angry when he wakes." You watched as Tony focused on the controls.

"Just a few more then it's done. Don't look so distressed, he's not a baby." Tony joked as Steve walked over and stood beside Tony.

You couldn't take it.

He already had suffered enough pain. You went over to the steel door and spun the wheel pressing a few numbers down on the lock.

"Ah! Uhm- (Y/N) that's not a good idea. Don't go in there." Tony doesn't reach you in time.

You'd already got in.

Steve lifts his head in concern as he walks closer to the glass. You slowly walk over and place a cold cloth on Bucky's head, dabbing softly on his skin. Bucky calmed more but still looked pained.

"Good job (Y/N) now it's time to get out of there-" Tony's voice played through a small speaker in the corner.

Bucky's eyes shoot open widely and he grabs your arm in a panic and he pulls you close.

"Buck- It's okay. You're okay." You whisper not scared of him.

"You- I- I didn't mean to-" He lets go of your arm and he breathes heavily. Then once he realises where he is and looks at Tony and Steve he loses it.

His arms thrash and he panics.

"Get out!" Bucky yells and his metal arm suddenly rips through the straps.

You slowly back off to the door keeping your eyes on the soldier. "It's okay-We're helping you." You unlock the door and slowly step out of the room. By the time Bucky frees himself of the straps you are out of the room and the door was locked.

Tony had gone from the room, but Steve was still there asking if you were okay. Both of you looked through the glass at Bucky.

He walked over to the glass. So did you.

You place a hand on the glass.

"Bucky, listen, you have to stay calm. No ones hurting you. Remember what I told you."

Bucky stared into your eyes then he looked past you to Steve.

"Buck, do you remember me." Steve walks closer. Bucky just stares, strands of hair falling over his face. "You locked me up."

*Crack*

Bucky's metal arm started to punch the glass. Both you and Steve back up a little. He keeps punching. More cracks. "Bucky stop." You say but he doesn't listen he keeps punching. Anytime now the glass would give in.

"Bucky, we did it for you're safety. You want to remember right Buddy?" Steve begins to raise his voice keeping a very serious face.

*Smash*

Bits of glass fly everywhere. The force made Steve stumble back and you fall over. The soldier stood in the glass and his face dropped as soon as he saw he'd hurt you.

Then he was sent flying backwards into the wall.

Tony appeared in his suit, he'd fired a small rocket at Bucky. "Stand down soldier. We're trying to help you." Tony walked forwards aiming his hand and Bucky.

Bucky slowly got up off the ground looking angry.

"Come on, Cooperate with us." Tony gives him a chance. Bucky's fists tighten. Painfully you got up, a few cuts over your head nothing bad. You realise what's going on and run over between the Iron man and The Winter Soldier. "Hey, I promise we're helping you. Look." You point to the pin that Bucky had. "That's a reminder of who you are." You begin to smile. Bucky's eyebrows twitched and his face softened.

His balled fist slowly loosens as he gives in.

Iron man escorted Bucky into another cage. As you'd call it. This cage was built to lock up a monster. Bucky wasn't a monster. You weren't happy with Tony's decision. Neither was Steve.

Bucky's face dropped when he was placed into another cage. His face was filled with disappointment and sadness. He felt even more alone in the cage.

•••

"He only settles down, when (Y/N)'s around." Steve says watching Tony pour drinks at the bar. "I didn't notice." Sam sits on a stool. It was the next day.

"That's because you are never around to see it." Steve chuckles and looks up at a TV screen. It showed Bucky inside his cage. "I don't believe he'll ever want to work with us if we keep him in that cage." Steve points out as he watches Bucky pace on the screen.

Tony pushes the drinks towards the other two heroes. "What if he goes all winter soldier on us. He's dangerous and he needs to stay locked up, until we can trust him."

"But he already trusts us! He made that decision and we're wasting it." You walk in the room displeased with Tony.

"No, no, no. Correction, He trusts you, not us." Tony leans against the counter.

Everyone goes quiet as Tony looks down sighing. You turn away from him annoyed. You hardly ever fight with Tony, now it was happening.

"Look, I think it's time to give Terminator his breakfast. Who's up?" Sam breaks the silence.

•••

Tony, Tony, Tony..
🤔😂