Chapter Twelve ~ The Softer Side

"I'm sorry, what was that Jarvis?" Sam tapped his head with one finger. "I think I might've misheard."

"Jarvis repeat." Tony was in shock.

"The blood type belongs to (Y/N)."

Steve looked at the ground. He looked confused and concerned. "(Y/N) was here? So was Bucky. This doesn't make sense."

"Maybe (Y/N)'s mission was here? And something lead Bucky here?" Sam took a guess while putting a hand to his mouth.

"We don't know what happened for sure, but all we can do for now is look for evidence like bird-brain said, the 'old fashioned way.'" Tony begins to scan the ground for evidence or signs.

Sam chuckles with a smirk then loses the smirk once he realised what Tony nick named him.

Steve had already begun his desperate search to find his closest friends as Sam was left there awkwardly trying to think of a comeback.

•••

You awoke suddenly when you felt your body touch the ground. Your hand ran through the brown dusty dirt as the soldier carefully fixed your wound.

Once he was happy with how he patched you up he turned around and washed his hands in river waters below.

Slowly you found your strength to sit up against a brick wall. Scanning the area before you, you realise you are under a bridge, a lake below and a small hill upwards in dirt with not one strand of grass to where you are; leaning against the bridge wall.

Soon enough your eyes found Bucky and you immediately felt at ease.

He turned his head and saw you were awake. He rushed up from the clear river with water in a cup.

"Stay still." He mumbled as his brown hair fell over his eyes, he put his bionic arm under your neck and tilted it backwards as he used his other hand to reach the cup of water to your lips.

Obviously the water was clean and not salty.

You felt the cold delicious liquid trickle down your throat. (😂 I just made myself thirsty for water writing this.. brb)

You couldn't believe how gentle Bucky was. Your eyes stare into his. But his are focused down at your lips.

Hypnotised by his blue eyes you didn't realise that you started to choke on the water. Bucky quickly pulled away the cup and helped you sit properly.

"(Y/N), I'm Sorry. I wasn't concentrating.."

You smiled weakly and let out a small giggle. "It's not your fault. It's mine."

Bucky moved back from you and his gaze suddenly turned hard. "What were you doing out there?"

"I was on a mission. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. But more importantly, why were you there? I don't understand."

"It's nothing. You should've had more people with you. They were Hydra agents!"

"I've answered your questions, now please answer mine, please? I don't understand what's going on but I know for sure this was my mission." You take out the USB and show him.

Buckys face fills with concern and worry.

"Hydra were planning on using that USB to find the book about me, and-"

"Use you again.." you completed the sentence which made him turn away.

You stand slowly, gaining your strength and stepping towards his back. "Look, Bucky I, Will never, ever let them take you.."

You place a hand on his back.
"I promise."

He immediately turned around and you fling your hand back to your side. "That's not what I'm worried about.. I trust you. It's just that now they know that I care for someone, you. They might try to use you against me. As my weakness."

Your heart fluttered as your felt his words repeat in your brain.

"Bucky, Whatever happens, don't ever give in to them just because of me."

Your words also hit him in a way that was new to him. "We have to get back and you have to show me the book." Bucky interrupted the moment of staring.

"Why?"

"Because I need to burn it."

•••

So hey guys!

Long time no see am I right?

Sorry for the delay. Hope you enjoyed reading the one. It was a quick 'try to catch up' chapter. Next one will be improved.

👋 - Sf