Chapter Nineteen ~ Forgive/Trust

(hello. It's been a while. I just want to let you all know I'm going to finish this book and this is one of the last chapters! - thank you, stay tuned.)

•••

Silence.

The room was filled with it.

Who would have known how deadly it could be.

Bucky was on his knees, face down, chest rising and falling ever so violently.

Your heart pounded so loudly you thought that the whole room could hear it. "Arise soldier!" Sandra's eyes filled with wonder. She stepped forward as her lips curled into a poisonous smile.

She stops.

Her face drops suddenly. "I said.. ARISE!" Her eyes shine crazily.

Your eyes stare at Bucky nervously.

He jolts up. Not a sound, eyes straight ahead.

He looked lifeless.

Lost.

You wanted to reach out for him but that wasn't an option.

The grin creeps over Sandra's face once again as she steps forwards slowly to Bucky. She circles him, eyeing every inch of him carefully, And stops right behind his left shoulder.

"Soldier..?" She breathes.

"Ready to comply."

Bucky doesn't flinch as Sandra puts a hand on his shoulder. "Good. good." In that moment you wanted to punch the hell out of her, but that would ruin everything. Your fist balled tightly as you picture her shocked face as your hand collided with her.

Sandra gestures to the guards
"Come. We're finished here." Her heels click as she starts to walk. "Come, soldier." Her head spins to look at him. They begin to leave, not once did Bucky make eye contact. It was almost as he really was under that spell again. "Buck..?" You whispered to him as he passed almost feeling frightened.

Not a word.

You turn to watch them leave the building.

"Stop!" Your face fills with anger.

Sandra chuckles and gestures again to the guards. "Rid of her." She begins to walk down the stairs.

Bucky starts to follow her as the guards approach you.

One swipes at you thinking he could take you down easily, but you double kick him costing him to fall down. The other runs at you with a knife. You duck and punch him. Guard one gets up your rear and aims for your legs so you jump and kick him in mid air.

After some more punching and kicking both guards are down.

You run down the stairs towards Bucky and Sandra, just waiting for Bucky to help out any second now.

You get closer.

"Buck!" You yell but he doesn't do a thing.

Sandra sighs heavily and clicks her tongue.

"Soldier! Kill her." Her hand stretches out in front of Bucky and his eyes follow along until they meet yours.

Yes! He's snapping out of it.

You stop in your tracks, waiting for him to do something.

He walks forwards in an unfriendly manner.

"Buck?" You take one step back up the stairs.

But the next thing you know his hand reaches for your throat and pulls you off the ground. You gasp and hold on. "Buck! Stop! Snap out of it!" You sputter.

His expression softens.

"Kill her!" Sandra screams in the background.

"Trust me. Forgive me." He whispers and leans you out of a window by the stairway.

Your eyes widen and you panic.

What does this mean!? You didn't understand. You didn't say the words correctly. Bucky shouldn't be like this!

Your head began to spin.

Your feet dangle as you hold onto the cold bionic arm. The only thing keeping you from falling to your death.

"Buck-" You whisper as his fingers loosen around your throat.

From this point onwards everything seemed a blur. Bucky's fingers letting you go, You falling to your death, Hydra winning. But most of all.. how you survived.

As you fell Bucky quickly turned away and walked back to Sandra. "Well done. Well done Soldier." She grinned evilly.

"You are exactly as I pictured."

•••

I don't have any time for more on this chapter so sorry it's short!

Anyways see you in a bit for the second last chapter!

❤️❤️❤️