Chapter Fifteen ~ Everyone is Gone

Your eyes shoot open.

It was so bright all around you, you had to wait a minute for your eyes to adjust.

You felt your stomach, your fingers run over the fresh stitches. You gasped as you remembered everything.

You looked around the room in search for Bucky.

Then you realised you were in Stark Tower and slowly sit up. "Hello?" The whole place seemed so empty.

As you are placing your feet on the ground you hear Jarvis.

"Oh, you're awake Miss (L/N). How are you feeling?"

"Jarvis? I'm fine. Where is everyone."

"I'm afraid I don't know. They left in such a hurry."

You felt a sickening feeling. What the hell is going on. Is this a prank? You shook your head to your thoughts. It couldn't be a prank.

You run down the hallway and call out everyone's names.

"Steve!?"

You run to Bucky's 'cage'

"Bucky??"

You then looked at the camera.

"Guys? Sam. TONY!"

No response. It was deadly quiet.

•••

- 12 hours earlier -

It was late 11:30pm to be exact, and Bucky took this as his chance to leave. He hated that he wouldn't see you ever again but it was for your safety. For everyone's safety.

He opened the door slowly from his 'new' bedroom and carefully shut it.

He dodged cameras and brightly lit hallways. He made his way to the bay where you were resting. He had to crush a camera or two on his way with his bionic arm.

Once he reached your door he opened it and searched the dark room for you.

Once his eyes caught your (H/C) hair he immediately moved over to you.

Sighing he looked away. "Good bye (Y/N) ..."

He looked down to you and brushed a piece of your hair off your face and slowly moved his head lower to your cheek, he stopped to gaze at you one last time before hesitating and finally kissing your cheek lightly.

"thank you."

He mumbled to you and quickly turned and ran.

But what stopped him down the hallway was when he remembered the book.

He had to destroy it so he knew for sure that you were safe.

Turning around he searched every room until he found a slab.

It had a passcode of some sort and an obvious suspicion. He felt that this drawer must have the book in it.

His blue eyes scanned the room for any tool to pick it with.

There wasn't anything strong enough except his arm. He sighed looking down to the shining silver. He hated to have to use it for anything.

But this was an emergency.

He took his cap off and took the glove off his hand.

Readying himself to destroy the lock.

*Whack!*

"One.."

The first punch almost had it.

The concrete was no match though.

"Two."

Again he hit it and the lock weakened almost dropping.

This time he grabbed it and pulled it right off, little sparks flew everywhere, and his arm was zapped a few times which triggered him to flinch but didn't stop him from taking the book.

As his eyes glared down to the book. He felt more at ease.

He stuffed it in his jacket inside pockets and ran.

Down the hallway Bucky didn't see him because he was going to fast but Steve was crossing the hallway to another room when..

*Smack!*

Both guys slammed down to the ground.

"Bucky?! What're you doin? What's up?" Steve rubbed his head and immediately took hands with the other super soldier and helped him up.

"Uh- I was going to get.. plums."

"Plums? Bucky.. no stores are open this late.."

Bucky's teeth gritted and he furrowed his eyebrows and groaned.

"Sorry Steve, but I have to do this."

One hit in the face by his bionic arm and Steve stumbled down. Three more hits and Steve was out cold.

Bucky looked down at his friend with regret and left.

He didn't know where to go, what to do. So he kept running until he found a motorbike and stole it. He rode as far as he could until he ran out of gas in the middle of a deserted highway.

•••

"Steve.."

Steve heard muffled voices until his body shook himself awake.

He sat straight up and looked around as if he had seen a ghost.

Sam slapped him in the face.

"Oh- my bad, you're awake."

Steve frowned and got up in a rush and started to walk in a hurry.

"Oh okay, so you gonna tell me what the hell happened or you just gonna get up and pretend like you lying down there passed out was normal. You better-"

"Sam! Get Tony in his suit! I'll explain everything as soon as you grab him. All you need to know is Bucky is gone."

•••

- Present Time -

You searched for your phone and dial Tony's number.

"Pick up. Pick up."

The ringing went on forever.

"Come on Tony."

"Hey it's Tony, you probably tried and failed to ring me, I have a good excuse for that, I'm with your mum. Leave a message and Ill call you back. Maybe, maybe not, we'll see. Chao!"

•••

Damn.

What do you thinks gonna happen next??