Chapter Eight ~ Monster

You sighed and angrily clutch the breakfast tray. Sloppy Porridge on the menu.

You couldn't believe how unfair Tony was being to Bucky. You couldn't allow this. You promised you'd help Bucky, and that's what you'd do.

*Ding*

You step out of the elevator and walk down the hallway taking a few turns and ending up at the Bucky's cage. You release the pressure on your hardened jaw as you enter.

You sneak over to a small dark room with no walls and sit on the ground. Your eyes scan through the glass into the caged room as they finally meet the soldier. "Hey, breakfast's here." You send it through a hatch in the door.

He doesn't move.

You shift closer to the glass and place a hand on it. How do you get him to connect with you..?

"Here's your story." You clear your throat and his head raises to look at you.

You told him everything. From Bucky and Steve in World War Two all the way to Hydra and the army. Everything. You hadn't even noticed Bucky had moved closer to you.

"So that was the story of James Buchanan Barnes." You ended.

You smile and look down once you see the softness radiating from him. "You should get some rest." You are about to walk away but he spoke.

Softly.

"What's your name..?"

Your chest heats up as you tell him. "(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)."

He nods and the corner of his red lips begin to pull upwards almost lifting into a smile. Rather a smirk instead and he chuckled.

"I began to think you were Hydra."

"No- not at all. Hydra- they're monsters."

Bucky broke the eye contact that you held for so long. Uh- oh..

"So am I. Hydra, built me. I am a monster."

No! You mentally face palm at how you didn't think before you spoke those words. You find yourself walking back to the glass and you kneel down to Bucky. "You are not a monster Bucky. You are human. Hydra may have pushed you around and used you but that doesn't make you a monster. What you did, it wasn't your fault. I promise."

Bucky's eyes scanned the floor. He didn't say anything, as you watched his neck move after he swallowed. Then his eyes met yours again and he nodded. He didn't have the happiness to say a simple 'thank you.' But you accepted the nod with a warm smile.

"I promise, I'll also get you out of this cage and into a room, and I'll help you remember. You don't deserve to live in a cage, you never did."

His lips were slightly parted as his eyes stared at your lips as they spoke. His head was tilted upwards to look at you as he was sitting down on the ground.
But you didn't notice his odd staring. Obviously through his mind he was admiring your features, thinking of how beautiful you looked. Finally taking a chance to really know you and scan your face properly.

"Okay?" Your eyebrows raise slightly.

"Okay." He replies in a mumble.

"I'll let you rest and eat. See you later." Your heart picks up its pace as you watch him stand up and tilt his head back slightly. You turn away and leave feeling his eyes watch your figure.

Soon as you were out of site you let out a long breath, And hurry back up to the guys.

•••

"Nice move! He really listens to you!" Sam points to the TV on the screen. Obviously they had been watching you speak to Bucky. You blushed forgetting about the camera.

"Or maybe it's the fact she's a lady!" Tony fiddled with his sunglasses. "No, (Y/N) just has the ability to connect with people in such a powerful way. I also think Buck's ready to be placed in a proper room." Steve interrupts and pushes a hand through his short blonde hair.

All 4 of you were sitting at the very top level of Stark tower, talking. Or having a meeting as Tony had called you for.

"Tony, he's ready. He needs to be comfortable. He needs a proper room."

You search for the friendliness in Tony's brown eyes. "(Y/N) he won't be ready until I finish testing. Leave him for a few more days. I promise he'll be out in no time. The poor, uh- guy will be fine. He's fine." Tony nodded quickly hoping you'd understand.

Your face falls and you unhappily sigh.

"Come on, look, just a few more days. Let's agree on that. Please. (Y/N). Because at the moment we're 50/50. Two of us don't want the assassin to leave the cage and the other two of us do. So, let's agree on a few more days and He'll be out in no time. No worries people. Come on."

Tony's words were simple but so hard to understand at the same time.

You sighed and looked at Steve. Both of you wanted Bucky's freedom but that couldn't come any sooner.

"Alright. Agreed."

Steve rested a fist under his chin and stood up. "Not going to lie Tony, but we're not happy. Don't expect everything to go smoothly for you over the next few days when (Y/N)'s not here."

•••

Well! That's it for this chapter! Next chapter coming soon.

Thanks loves! ❤️