Chapter Nine ~ Mission

"What do you mean?"

Tony's confused brown eyes flicked backwards and forwards into Steve and your eyes.

"(Y/N)'s going on a mission, Fury assigned her last night."

You look to Tony and nod slowly. You guessed it was a bad thing you were leaving. Because Bucky is restless and won't work with Tony trying to fiddle with his arm. He only trusts you.

"Okay. Okay. That's fine. We can handle the soldier on our own."

You couldn't tell if Tony was being sarcastic or not. Usually you'd be able to tell. Tony is the King of sarcasm.

You were escorted out of the room by Steve before you could reply. The two of you walked down the hallway in silence as he lead you to your room.

Then you both stopped just outside your door.

"Look, your not worried over Bucky. Right? I'll be here. He'll be fine. He won't go crazy. Tony will put a sleep injection in him." Steve reassured you and gave a small smile.

"No, I know. Course he'll be good. I think he's starting to remember you anyway." You smile slightly.

It's time you left, the clock on wall was ticking loudly.

"Ok, good luck Steve, see you in a few days."

"Bye (Y/N)"

Steve hugs you and then watches as you make your way down the building and out to one of Shields cars.

Steve was quite weary after you left. He went to visit Bucky. Trying to have a little chat. But he didn't remember most things. Only the fact that he knows Steve.

In the next few hours Bucky was transported to a room where Tony started to fiddle and explore Bucky's arm.

Meanwhile, you had been taken into meet Fury.

He had told you that you had to go and retrieve a lost usb that a guy named 'Michael Jones' had stolen. Fury identified the man as a member of Hydra.

Often you found your thoughts drifting away, going to Bucky. You hoped everything was turning out okay.

•••

From your car you could see the man.

Dressed in a business suit, he walked down steps from a building. He was also carrying a suit case which you presumed held the usb.

As you planned, you felt your phone buzz.

You had to ignore it. Turning on your soft engine, you watched the man enter his car then drive off. As you Follow closely behind you make sure nothing seems suspicious.

"Where are you off to.." You mumble to yourself as you follow the car around and to its final location.

A warehouse.

Abandoned.

You parked far enough away and quickly got out sneaking up to Mr. Jones. You had to be extra careful. This was hydra you were dealing with. But the mission can't be too hard because Fury wouldn't have sent you alone if it was too hard.

All you gotta do... Is steal that suitcase.

•••

Bucky still hadn't found out about your absence.

He wasn't happy with much lately. Although, he trusted you so he let Tony touch his bionic arm and work on it. But things weren't going to end well for you or Bucky.

You guys are such sweeties!

Thanks for all your love for the story! I appreciate it! ❤️💕😊