Chapter Thirteen ~ Makeover

"Can you walk alright?"

Bucky eyed you down unsure of whether you were capable of walking.

"Yeah- I'm fine. Let's go."

You hesitate slightly. You agreed to burning the book because then Hydra won't know how to get Bucky functioning against his will. And all you want is Bucky's safety.

You take a few steps and everything seemed fine.

"Are you sure?" Bucky's eyebrows furrowed as his face looked concerned. You thought it was cute.

"Yeah, Yeah."

You both start your walk up to the streets when Bucky suddenly stops you, putting a hand in your way.
"I can't go out in public." He turned his head away, almost shyly.

"Why..?"

Stupid question.

The arm.

"Oh- Buck, I'm sorry." You walk to the other side of him to look into his eyes.
He shook his head. "Don't be."

"When I first saw your arm. I thought it was pretty damn cool. You know? I've been so drawn to it ever since. Its nothing to be ashamed of-"

"This is the weapon that does the most damage. It- is a big reason as to why I'm so dangerous."

You reach for his metal hand and hold it. "That doesn't matter, the past is the past. It doesn't define who you are. You can be whoever you want to be now....
The star reminds me of Captain America. A hero. You can be a hero."

Bucky looked as if he wanted to kiss you. But instead he gave a small nod and half smile.

"But, I still can't have it showing in public."

You let go of his hand slowly.

"People will notice and Hydra could be anywhere. They know who I am. What I look like." He licked his lips.

"We can fix that."

"How?"

You start to smirk and point to a boutique across the street.

•••

"What do we do? There's no leads. No tracks.." Sam shakes his hands in the air as the 3 meet up again.

"We can't just let the soldier run on the loose." Tony tapped on his suit as Steve thought.

"I trust (Y/N), she's gonna bring Bucky back to Stark Tower and some of us have to be there if they do arrive." Steve suggested as Sam nodded at the idea.

For once Tony agreed.

"Right. Okay, you two head back. I'll get the tracker back up. Eventually and we'll catch them. No worries." Tony nodded his head and started to walk away getting ready to take off.

"Yeah no worries.." Sam snorted as Tony flies off.

•••

As soon as Bucky stepped in the door of he boutique he felt like he was in a place from another planet.

"Alright, I'll grab you some stuff. Just wait here."