Chapter Twenty-One: Part 1 ~ One Way Ticket

Ye that's right. This is the finale, Part one. Annnd You get a part two. 😉

Btw Heellllo and Im back, enjoy! ~ sf

•••

Back in stark tower, No one spoke a word. It was like someone had died and there was nothing to say.

"You guys, head on up. I need a drink." Steve mumbled as he plopped himself on a red stool. You followed.

"Pour me one too." You put a hand on his shoulder and sat right beside him. Tony and Sam went upstairs to give us space.

The cold liquid slushes into the glasses making a trickling sound. It was very satisfying to watch and hear.

Steve set both glasses in front of us and immediately sculled his.

"You know, (Y/N).. Bucky always finds a way.." Steve starts to pour himself some more.

"That darn son of a.. guy." He swishes the glass and then turns his head to eye you down. Steve never swears, he doesn't believe in the language.

You force your mouth shut so you don't gape at Steves comment. You try to smile but it turns out to be really wobbly.

Slowly making his way through the next glass, Steve pours some more. He really must be so upset about Bucky. This must be so hard for him as well. "Steve, I think you need to slow down a little, take it easy." You pat his back.

"It's alright, (Y/N) as long as you're safe, Bucky said he'll be fine." Steve sips more and more. You rest your head on your hand and listen to Steve.

You must be insane to sit here drinking while Bucky is being taken prisoner to Hydra. You started to hate yourself more.

"He loves you (y/n).. He told me." Steve blurts and sets his cup down fast. Your eyes widen and you give your full attention to Steve.

"So you know a little while ago, before this all happened, Bucko boy comes up to me and he goes, 'Steve. Steve I want you to keep (Y/N) safe. Any day Hydra will find me, and when they do, they'll do anything to destroy anyone who gets in the way of me. Please, do me a favour and keep her safe. She's- she's great. And I'm not sure what love feels like but I'm guessing this is pretty close to it. And like yolo." Steve who now is completely drunk hits a hand on the table.

(I know he cannot get drunk but all will be answered in the next chapter! There's an explanation.)

"Oh he didn't say the yolo part though. So yeah, that's pretty much what he said but with less stuttering." Steve hiccups.

You feel a tear in your heart. "Steve.. why didn't you share this with me earlier?"

"Well Bucky said he didn't want you to know so I-"

You interrupt Steve by pushing yourself off your chair. You pour a glass of water and shove it over to Steve who is looking very confused. "Steve, I'm sorry." You pause from your rush and stare at him softly.

You pull him into a hug. As he sits their stunned. "I can't stay."

"If I don't see you, just know that I did something. That I tried and I'm happy. This is what I want, and Bucky deserves so much more. I don't care if it takes me years to bring him back. I will. And when I do.." You look him in the eyes one last time and walk out.

You hear Steve call for you to come back. He was too drunk to follow you or keep up with you. You took a glance at Tony and Sam wishing your goodbyes to them in secret.

This was going to be a long and hectic journey.

•••

Bucky had kept himself quiet. He knew it was for the best. Still in the car traveling, the journey to Hydra base was slow.

Sandra had her mirror out so she could apply a bright shade of red lipstick whilst flicking her eyes back and forth at Bucky. He took no notice and kept staring straight ahead.

Once she put her lipstick away, she turned to face the soldier and pulled out a muzzle mask, one designed to cover his nose to his chin and jaw. "Here, a new mask to show who you really are." She held it out to him.

Bucky thanked her in Russian and took the mask in hands and held it staring deeply at it. He hated it. Hated it so much that he didn't know why he wasn't throwing it and stomping on it already.

"Put it on." Sandra's eyes sparkled as she smirked evilly.

Bucky slowly turned the mask over and took a few deep breaths. Sandra watched him carefully, she watched as his chest rose and fell in different rhythms

With one hand he placed the mask over his mouth. And with his other hand he attempted to latch it on at the back.

It clicked at the mask locked into place.

Pulling out a cigarette, she gives Bucky the lighter.

"Light it for me, will you?" She narrows her eyes. Bucky obeyed as he tried to control his hands from shaking. He flicked the lighter and watched as the flame sparked to life.

He stared at it for a while even when the cigarette had been lighted.

Suddenly the car was pulled to a halt. The front passenger got out and started firing shots. "Driver, what's going on?!" Sandra sat up fast.

"It seems someone has been following us m'am.."

"Impossible!" She jumped and grabbed her gun, but the passenger got back in. "Drive! She's disappeared, out of sight. I think I hit her."

Sandra raised an eyebrow and lowered her gun. "A woman." She mumbles and slowly turned to face Bucky. "A woman.." she repeats in a low cackle. Bucky wanted to punch her.

"I don't suppose.. she could have survived, am I right soldier?" Sandra tilted her head and flashed crazy eyes.

"Impossible m'am, I killed her. She fell." Bucky showed how serious he was by staring right at her with dangerous eyes.

"You had better be right." Sandra backed off as the they headed into Hydra base.

•••

You rode your motorbike, down the highway as fast as you could. Or as fast as the bike could go. The sun was dropping fast. Already the moon was in view.

Within a few hours you luckily spotted one of hydras trucks fuelling up. You supposed that the other cars were ahead somewhere up the road. You felt a strong sense of hope. You just hoped you could get to him in time.

Before you knew it, you were taking out some soldiers. But there was a loud shot and blood was dripping down your arm. Luckily the bullet only grazed your arm. You dove into a side ditch and covered your bleeding arm. You heard voices and yelling. The engines roared to life and the vehicles began to move again. You had to act fast.

So you bandaged yourself real quick and changed your clothes into a Hydra uniform, and jumped onto the back of a truck.

You had just bought yourself a one way ticket into Hydra. And it felt awesome.

•••

All I want to say is I really hope you enjoy and the next part will come soon.

Btw, I have one question I need to ask you guys. What would you prefer for The ending of this book? I have two really good ideas and idk which one to use.

So, would you like a happy ending or an ending which is sad?

Up to you guys.

Byee