Chapter Ten ~ Break out

You follow the man into the old warehouse and you hid behind a few large packages.

It was dark.

You could hear the footsteps of the man and his suitcase.

Maybe you should've attacked outside.

No, you push your doubting thoughts away and get ready to take action, but the lights flash on.

And standing around the warehouse were a lot of men. A lot of hydra men, with guns, weapons of all sort and loads of skill.

Not that you doubted your own skill, it's just you don't have backup when you need it.

Just as you turn to the door it closes and is locked by a hydra guard. Damn. You move further along the packages, Going as low to the floor as you possible could.

"Hey! You!"

•••

Bucky glared at Tony as he hovered here, there and everywhere all around his arm. His mind started to wonder, he thought about you and where you could be at a moment like this. He was about to open his mouth to ask where you were but-

"Okay just a few more-" *click* Tony stopped what he was doing and took a step back.

Bucky growled in pain and his arm clicked some more causing him to break free of straps which held his arm back.

"What'd you do now Stark?"

Steve and Sam run forward and try to steady Bucky.

"Uh- hmm. Maybe fiddled with the wrong switch on his robot arm." Tony gave a quick chuckle and smirk.

Bucky throws a punch at Steve who blocks it just in time.

"Not a good time to joke around Tony." Steve blocks more of Bucky's punches but misses the last one earning a bruise to his cheek. Steve was sent flying back into the wall as Bucky ran supersoldier fast and pushed Sam out of the way. Tony pulled out his hand weapon but was too late as he was pinned down to the ground.

"HYDRA IS HERE."

Bucky's voice echoed loudly down the halls. Tony's eyes quickly scanned the room for any weapons. "At ease soldier. Hydra is not here." Oddly enough the soldier backed off and stood up, glaring at Tony.

He then bolted down the hallway.

Tony and Sam got up straight away and helped Tony to his feet. "I don't know what I set off but he thinks hydra is here." Tony jumped onto a glass tablet to figure out where Bucky headed too.

"We'd better catch him before he gets outside." Sam started to run with Steve.

A loud smash of glass was heard from downstairs.

"Too late." Tonys voice spoke into their earpieces. "I'll suit up. Get a head start."

Steve and Sam were already on their way. Once they reached outside their was large crowds everywhere. "No sign of Bucky." Steve huffed.

"That's okay. I got him." Tony flew down to them in his suit of armour. "You? Go alone. Not a good idea." Sam put his hands to his hips while tilting his head.
"We all retrieve him. What makes you think he's going to listen to you." He continues.

"What I said was I have got him tracked. I slipped a tracking device over his arm in case anything a happened and guess what, proved to be of use. Now follow me." Tony, sounding annoyed as hell ended the talk by taking action of finding Barnes.

Steve and Sam exchange a look and leave the argument behind as they run through the crowds and follow Tony's directions.

•••

"Hey! You!"

You flick your eyes towards the guard. Sure enough he wasn't looking at you. He was talking on his phone.

Relief swept over you as you continued to crawl along and listen to the men. Unfortunately they were to quiet to be heard. So closer you went.

So what's your plan (Y/N)?

A voice in your mind asks.

You better think of one fast.

You shake away the voice and start thinking.

Once you get close enough you climb the stairs as silently as possible. And once you reach a top level with a view of below you can hear much better and see much better.

Plan?

Attack.

"So with this, we can figure out where the book is.. Take it, take it safely. Keep it secure. It must be back at the base-"

You jumped down on top of a hydra soldier and rolled with him.

You kick his face and attack the others. Grabbing ones head and slamming it down hard on your knee and side kicking another knocking him to the ground.

But there proved to be many for your handling.

You heard a gun shot. And everything before you shook, as you feel the bullet rip into your skin.

You cry in pain and fall to the ground.

"It's over, get up." The man with the suitcase aimed the gun at your head whilst two hydra soldiers pulled you to your feet.

Your breath became heavy and your eyesight unclear.

"Who are you." The man stepped closer with eyes piercing into your soul.

Your silence clearly annoyed him as he kicks your legs out from beneath you and you fall to the ground once more.

The suitcase was so close to you.

All you had to do was reach out. But the pain was spreading and was excruciating.

The doors slammed open. And gun shots were fired but you could only seem to focus on one thing. Your mission. Retrieve the item.

You didn't even notice they were firing at Bucky.

•••

Don't know how I feel about this one.

Oh well. As long as these chapters please you guys then I'm cool with it.

Thanks for reading!