Chapter Twenty-One: Part 2 ~ One Way Ticket

WARNING: this chapter is extremely long! Because it it the final part. :O

•••

This is it! This was Hydra. You held your breath as the truck was scanned. You kept your head low and acknowledged the guard who looked at you.

"Alright. Carry on through." The guard gestures. And You were in.

The gates closed and were locked tight. You watched the trees passing by as the truck reached a dark basement. The driver and passenger got out, so you followed.

As soon as you got out of the truck your eyes searched the dark room. There were vehicles everywhere, parked perfectly in order.

You noticed the one that Bucky was in, although no one was in it.

You heard yourself sigh.

This place was HUGE. How were you going to get in and out with Bucky? You didn't think there was much of a chance to escape.

You forced yourself to March after the driver and passenger because they knew where they were going.

The next few rooms were long hallways with limited lights which seemed to dim as we walked. There were rooms with tiny windows on each side of the walls in the hallway.

You felt like you had claustrophobia

The next entrance had a huge sign, reading 'office.' This had to be important. You break away from the group of soldiers that you were following and ran into a side room in the empty hall.

It was pitch black. You shut the door tightly and twist the lock until it clicks.

You started to feel the walls for a switch. For a sign of light. Fortunately you didn't have to search for too long as your head bumped a light handle which was attached to the roof.

Classy.

You reached up and pulled it.

Light flooded into the room instantly and you took a big breath. Wow, old fashioned alright.

You saw old radios, tv's, computers and more technical devices. Yikes, some of this stuff you recognised dated way, way, way back. Like from the 1940's.

Immediately your head filled with curiosity and you got distracted. Hydra have been around for too long. They should have died back in the 40's.

You lightly touched the devices as you walked along the rows. When you finally reached the end of the room you found some dusty drawers.

You pulled open the drawers and found some old files. Flipping through them, you started to realise how off track you were getting, until you saw the name James Buchanan Barnes. You flinched and looked at it twice.

Setting the rest of the files down, you began to flip through the fragile pages.

Most of the information was about Bucky's background. Until you saw the last page. It had all about where Hydra picked him up and how they tested and tortured him. To make it worse, there were pictures.

Very graphic pictures.

You quickly shut the book in disgust and cover your mouth. You hated Hydra with a passion.

Quickly, you returned everything to its original spots and rushed to the door. You put your ear to the wall and listened for any signs of other people.

Not a sound.

You presumed it was all clear and slowly peeked out the door.

Still no one.