Chapter 8

"Wait what?" My and his date both yelled and people around us started looking in our direction.

I turned to his date. "No no, I'm not , I mean we're not-" I shook my arms around.

Zach grabbed my arms and settled them by my sides. "You don't have to deny us babe." He cuddled us together.

His date got up, grabbed a full cup of iced water and splashed us with it. Zach even had the decency to cover himself with me so I got fully wet.

"You're such a jerk!" She pushed him aside and stomped out of the restaurant.

I glared at him. "Zach what the hell were you thinking!"

He rolled his eyes. "That's there thing Amira. I wasn't thinking!" He pointed to his head.

I folded my arms. "Yes I know."

I then just began walking out of the restaurant. I didn't even want or back to the people I was with. I just wanted to go home and relax. And also to get away from Zach.

However as soon as I stepped out, the media started flashing pictures of us. I guess they knew Zach was in there. The reporters swarmed us asking bazaar questions like "Why did you reject The infamous Jameson daughter?" "Did your company really go bankrupt?" "How do you feel about rejecting Mr. Jameson daughter?!"

I didn't know what to do because I didn't even know what they were talking about. Bankrupt? Mr. Jameson daughter? What in the world..

Zach quickly grabbed my arm and led me through the crowd and into a fancy car. He got in after me and quickly shut the door. He let out a relieved breath.

"That was close."

I looked at him. "Are you serious!?"

He fixed his tie calmly, "Umm yeah."

I swear Zach knew how to dig deep into my soul. He irritated me so much. The rest of the ride Zach was quite, on his phone. I thought he was doing busijness but no, he was playing Candy Crush. 

I almost lost it and snatched his phone away. He tried to reach for it but I quickly sat on it. "If you try to reach for it I'll scream!" Zach crossed his arms and sighed. 

"Are you serious? I was almost done with that level too!" He cried. 

"Too freaking bad. You won't be getting it back."

Zach yanked at his hair. "What?"

My apartment came up and I quickly unlocked the door and ran out. "You'll get this back tomorrow if you show up with that report I told you to finish up weeks ago!" I slammed the door shut and the taxi sped off with Zach's hands sliding down the window in defeat.

*********

The next day Zach didn't even show up to work. He didn't write the report. He didn't listen. 

I looked for him all over the company but he was nowhere to be found. After going in circles, I finally saw him coming in the front lobby looking calm as ever. I wanted to kill him. 

I couldn't help myself and ran up to him. I grabbed his ear and led him to the elevator. Zach winced in pain and tried to free himself. "If you try anything I'll pull harder." 

"Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ow ow!" He cried loudly.  

"You are not going to play around!" We turned the corner and I bumped into a few people including his father! I quickly let go of him and put my hands down at  my sides and Zach got so happy. He rubbed his ear and a grin curved on his lips. 

I was ready to be fired on the stop. But what his father said next next surprised me. "Oh hello my son's secretary! Keep up the good work!"

Zach's jaw fell to the ground. "Father!"

His dad glared at him. "Shes saving me the trouble of pulling your ear."

I secretly returned the evil grin back to him and Zach's eyes widened. H e was frightened and began to speed walk away. 

*******

I know i know its super short! Ill do better next time! Thank you for reading!!