Chapter 18

Anyone surprised?

Cuz I am! Lol!

Happy reading!
******
The next morning I woke up refreshed! I got up showered and dressed in my best attire because today was the meeting. I picked out a black a-line skirt and tucked a tan silk button down into it. I had my hair in waves and my makeup was minimal.

This was a very important meeting because Me and Zach needed to seal the deal with the investors and to be honest I was slightly sweating it. Not because I didn't think we weren't ready but because Zach. He was chaotic and I hoped he would say anything weird out of that big mouth of his.

After getting ready I walked out of my room and knocked on Zach's door. He quickly opened the door and I was impressed by his black sharp suit and how it fit him to the T. It showed his lean shape perfectly while his hair was swept his hair back showing off his nice dark brows.

"You look-" I began but he immediately interrupted me.

"Dazzling? Handsome? Gorgeous?" He smirked. "Or all three?"

I rolled my eyes. "Can you please not start? It's 8 am."

Zach suddenly wasn't listening. His eyes trailed to my neck, collarbone, and then my chest. He must have noticed that I had a couple of buttons undone for the sake of the hot weather. I felt a little uneasy but pretended not to notice. However he opened his big mouth anyways. "Hey! Are you trying to seduce all the men at the meeting?"

My mouth opened. I was a little shocked and offended. "What?"

"Why are you looking extra pretty today?" He argued loudly. "Trust me they are all old perverts." He added.

"Zach!" I gritted at him. "It's just three buttons."

Zach's eyes widened as if he couldn't believe I didn't see the big picture. "Wow you're so daring." He narrowed his eyes.

I sighed and put my hands on my hips. "Okay well how am I supposed to look like?"

Without warning he came over and buttoned my blouse all the way up to my neck. He smiled with contentment. "There."

I glared at him. "I feel stuffed."

He raised his brows. "Trust me it looks great." He gave me a proud thumbs up. I shake my head I quickly check the watch on my wrist.

"Hurry up! We have an hour to get to the conference meeting."

"Yeah, let me grab my bag." Zach walked back into his room and quickly grabbed his skinny but expensive messenger bag that had all the paperwork.

We made are way to the elevator to find it almost empty but strangely as soon as we walked in too many people started piling in. Most of them were dressed in work clothing like us. I'm guessing they were all also rushing for something.

I felt being pushed way back until there was no space between everyone. I was suddenly glued to Zach. I could easily smell his soft musky cologne and feel his lean body against mine.

Zach looked down at me and his lips slightly curved up but when our eyes met his contentment disappeared and we both suddenly looked into each other's eyes. I suddenly became unaware of time. I never noticed how detailed his deep brown eyes were or how soft his skin looked. Heck I never noticed how well his nose matched his face or how perfectly pale pink his lips were.

Were they like this when we kissed?

I was so lost that I didn't notice we had reached the ground floor. Zach suddenly started coughing and I quickly ripped myself away from him.