Chapter 16

Thank you for coming to read!

I'd like to thank spellrox for making this amazing cover for my book. She's so talented! I love it! Thank you for blessing us with this cover!

(Idk why this is not showing up. I have tried to update it but it's now working. If you can see the cover then disregard this message. I'll try to fix this issue.)
******
I, without thinking, erratically pulled away from Zach and slapped him hard across his face. I think a little too hard because my hand began to sting.

Zach quickly got up and held his face in pain. "Okay I deserved that. I didn't mean it, I-I don't know what I was thinking." He spoke nervously.

I stood up and faced him, heart pounding and balled up fists, "that's right! You weren't thinking!" I sighed. "What were you thinking huh?"

Zach squirmed under my blazing gaze. "I don't know! That you'll feel the same way?!" He frowned. "Do you feel the same way?" He inched closer and I pushed him away.

I closed my eyes, hoping to regain my sanity. " I'm going home." I grabbed my shoes from the ground and began to cross the street.

I heard Zach shuffling behind me. I turned around and stopped in my tracks. "Don't follow me." I said before speed walking away from him.

When I was much further away I turned around to get a glimpse of him and he was sitting, his hair over his face leaning against the street light.

My heart pulled at me but I ignored it and completed my way to my apartment.

******

"And remember Zach, don't doodle while the meeting is going on." I said as I walked after him. We were both heading to the elevator to get to a meeting.

Zach stopped immediately, which caused me to run into him. I was an idiot to walk too close by to him. He pulled out the lollipop from his mouth. "Don't talk to me." He sassed and then got into the elevator.

I looked at him, annoyed. "Why not."

Zach shrugged. "Because."

I sighed. "This is not the kiss is it?"

Zach smirked. "I see that's still on your mind."

I went full defense mode. "It's not."

"Sure." He clicked his tongue  and then winked.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of the elevator after we finally got to the floor. Despite knowing Zach was always this playful, I couldn't buy help feeling slightly uncomfortable.

The kind of comfortable that gets your heart beating and your palms sweaty.

******
During Zach's meeting, I sat right next Zach since I was helping him with his presentations. As I was about to die from boredom, my phone buzzed. I turn it over and it was a text from Terry. He actually texted me back which was a little bit surprising.

He asked me if I wanted to go to coffee at my lunch break. I smiled slightly, getting happy that a male was finally interested in going further.

I replied with yes and left it at that. He sent me an address and then told me he'd be glad to see me there.

I suddenly got small butterflies in my stomach. I was so in my zone that I forgot Zach was looking over my shoulder.

I was startled to meet his glare. "What?" I briefly asked.

"Who's that?" He questioned. I would have answered him but it was his turn to do his presentation.

He sighed and got up to do his part but he kept an eye on me.
*****

As soon as the meeting was over, it was time for me to meet with Terry who was coming to a nearby cafe. The cafe was about a five minute walk from this building. So I wasn't going to take my car.

I kept dodging Zach because he kept pestering me about what I was going to go.

"You're going somewhere and I'm eating lunch alone?" He slapped the table and made me jump.

I put my phone down. "Zach! Im just going to get food and eat there. What is your problem."

Zachs eye twitched. He laughed dryly. "What's my problem?"

I nodded, looking up at him.

"I was planning on eating lunch with you?" He answered.

"But I thought you were having lunch with your dad."

Zachs eyes almost bulged out. "He's going to kick my ass! I can't believe you actually think my father would have a peaceful lunch with me after knowing I sent that girl home angry."

I sighed. "I don't know." I got up and grabbed my purse. "You'll be fine."

"Who are you eating lunch with by the way?" Zach questioned as he folded his arms.

I shrugged and kept my eyes away. "It's nobody! I just want to eat alone today."

Zach rolled his eyes and groaned as he plunged on the couch. "I'll suffer today."

****

I walked alone all the way to the cafe to meet up with Terry. As soon as I walked in I spotted him a couple of feet away. He waved and I came over. He stood up and shook my hand lightly.

"You look beautiful." Terry said shyly and I blush.

"Thank you." I smile and brush my hair away.

He smiled back and we both sat down. "How are you?" He asks and I reply with. "Great. And you?"

He smiles. "The same. I'm glad you came."

I giggle. "Of course.

We ordered food and as we ate, I got to know him more as he got to know me as well.

As I was eating, Terry asked. "I'm sorry to disrupt your work." He laughed.

I shook my head. "No it's okay! I had no one to eat lunch with anyways." I smiled.

BIG MISTAKE.

As soon as I turned my gaze to Terry, my eyes caught something at the corner of my eye.

It was Zach.

And he was glaring at me as his face pressed against the glass.

*****

Thank you for reading!

Please vote and comment!!