Chapter 17

I randomly got up causing Terry to jump. "Whats wrong?" He said.

I panicked. "Nothing." I quickly sat back down and tried to cover my face from Zach. When I did that he slammed his hand against the glass and I jumped up.

I peeked a little to look at him and is glare got more intense. I decided the best way to do this was ignore him. When I did that, my phone began to ring.

I quickly put on silent and took a peek at Zach again.

He had the phone next to his ear. "PICK IT UP." He mouthed but I stayed still watching his get even more frustrated.

He put away his phone and walked back and forth glaring at me every chance he got.

He did that for the whole lunch break.

*****

Zach wouldn't talk to me the whole day and the next. He became quite the opposite of what I was used to.

Every time I would speak he would spin around or pretend I wasn't there! It was so frustrating especially if I was talking business or discussing with him the contracts.

"Zach," I came up to him. "I need you to sign these papers."

Zach sighed and ignored me. "Zach it's been two days! I said I'm sorry."

"I'm busy." He murmured. He was scribbling down something and when I went to look at what he was so "busy" doing, it was all bad drawings.

"Zach!" I took away his paper and instead put the papers the needed to be signed.

Zach got angry and quickly stood up, knocking me forward. I quickly grabbed his jacket for support and didn't think much until I realized we were super close to each other.

He tuned to look at me and something sparked in his dark eyes.

He snaked his arm around my waist and drew me even closer. He watched me eyes and then my lips. He leaned in as I stood frozen but getting hotter and hotter.

His slightly sweet musky scent invaded my nostrils and his warmth enveloped me.

As he leaned, I closed my eyes as my heart accelerated beyond imagination. I was waiting impatiently for his lips to meet mine but they didn't because suddenly a loud cough surrounded the room.

It threw Zach off and so he pushed me away, making me stumble against the desk.

"What is going on here!" Zachs father yelled and I flinched. The weird feelings got replaced with fear. "My office NOW!"

*****

Zachs father sat on his chair behind his large ebony desk with his hands clasped together looking unhappy. "Is there something I should know?" He asked sternly to me and Zach who were now sitting across from him with our heads down.

Zach picked his head up. "Honestly you should fire her." He nodded in my direction and I gasped. "She came on to me."

"I did not!" I straightened my posture.

Zach shook his head. "I know I'm irresistible but -"

"Enough!" His father slammed his hand on the hard wooden desk. "I will not fire Ms. Amira." He turned to Zach. "She's the only one who has gotten you to do your work. However if you two become stressful, I may need to let her go."

"Okay, I'm sorry if I ever disappointed you." I say to Zachs dad.

"Thank you Amira." He smiled. "Now back to why I really wanted to gather you today."