Chapter 3 || Rakuzan High

Rakuzan High

Sora looked around her room. It was bright, airy, and Sora had hung up a few pictures from her album, so it looked a bit habitable, and not unbearably lonely. Her room-mate would arrive in a couple of days. There were several boxes, waiting to be unpacked stacked in one corner of the room. Sora crossed her fingers, and took a moment to wish that they would get along well.

Term was about to start and time did seem to fly quickly. Today was a very important day. Sora sat down on her bed and picked up her phone. She was pleasantly surprised to find that she had a lot of messages in her inbox. The earliest ones were from Yukiji and Midorima. They had sent her the same text.

'Leo is third. Lucky item: Pencil.'

Sora loved to read their messages, even though she didn't believe in Oha-asa. It looked like they hadn't forgotten her yet. She had also received one from Akira.

'Good morning. Sunny out. Going for bb. Playing one-on-one with Tsuya. If the midget turns up... Luck for the sign-ups. They were hell for me.'

Sora grinned and typed out a reply.

'Everyone seems to be a midget to you, Akira-san. Maybe you're the one with an abnormal height. P.s: Thank you.'

Sora had heard that Seirin did not have a basketball club after all. A small part of her did feel sorry for Akira, but she mostly felt that Akira deserved it. She could have chosen Shutoku, Kaijo or any other high school. She could have even given Rakuzan a shot, but she chose Seirin. She had to choose Seirin of all places... Sora was satisfied when she heard a small beep on her phone. Akira was quick to give a counter.

'Sorry. Can't hear you from here midget. Get a ladder.'

'You forgot a comma, Akira-san.'

'I don't give a damn about grammer.'

'Grammar.'

'That was a typo! Besides, did you get my last text or not?'

'Hehe.'

Sora noticed she had one unread message from Satsuki.

'Call me in the evening. I might have something interesting for you...'

Sora re-read the message a couple of times. Satsuki always used to help her with data, and she could prove very useful. Sora had assumed that that would stop when they went to rival schools, but thankfully, Satsuki didn't seem to be done yet. She knew better than to take Satsuki's 'something important' lightly. Sora pocketed her phone and headed outside. She was greeted by the bright glare of the sun and a few short words.

"Look who's finally out."

"Are you stalking me now?" said Sora, sarcastically.

"Don't need to. Your routine is fairly predictable. So, what are we going to do today?" said Akashi.

"Aren't we supposed to sign up for clubs today?" said Sora.

"Yes. We are," said Akashi, in an annoyed voice.

"Is something wrong?"

"Have you learnt nothing from Teiko?" demanded Akashi.

Sora blinked. "Eh?"

"You'll find out," said Akashi, grimly.

Sora did realize what he was talking about soon enough. The clubs were recruiting in the soccer ground, and it was utter chaos. There were dozens of people at each club's desk and even more were being buffeted by the huge crowd in the middle. Sora grimaced. Akira had warned her about something like this after her own trials at Seirin, but that hadn't prepared Sora.