Chapter 13 || Seirin High

Seirin High

Akira followed Riko, as she comically skipping in front of her. A few of the other students turned to look at her, and a few giggled as she passed. Under normal circumstances, Akira would be fighting to hold back her laughter, but now she mostly just felt sorry for the guys. Riko was going to spring bad news on them out of the blue.

Riko first set the team on their drills, and asked them to have a practice match as discussed. "Coach, aren't you forgetting something?" said Akira.

"How can I?" said Riko, beaming, "If I tell the guys now, they'll have their head in the clouds throughout the practice. We can't afford to lose even a day, given the current circumstances."

"They're more likely to have nightmares," muttered Akira, watching them run around the court.

"What?"

"Nothing," said Akira, quickly.

Akira watched as Kagami did a passable fade-away. That person was better... Wait! Why am I thinking of him? I'm over that... Yes. I am. I think... Luckily, Riko interrupted her thoughts by calling everyone to order. Akira watched as she broke the news to them. She looked at Kuroko, and tried to read his mind, but failed. Damn poker face...

Akira heard a couple of sounds, and the gallery door opening. She saw a couple of girls enter. I wonder if any of the senpais are committed. I've never seen them here before... Akira decided to ignore them and turned back to the team. They were still discussing Kise. The sound in the background seemed to grow, and Akira was fighting to ignore it. She heard the door to the court open, and finally decided that she couldn't take it anymore. She heard several pairs of feet and turned around in confusion.

She let out an exclamation of surprise. What the hell! That moron!

Akira's brain began to come up with a multitude of possibilities. If coach found out that she was in cahoots with Kise, she would be in trouble. Or so she thought.

Kise Ryouta was standing on the stage with a huge crowd around him. The team broke out into a few hushed whispers. Kuroko was the first to acknowledge the situation. "It's a long time since we've met," he said formally.

"Long time, no see," echoed Kise, and he was distracted by the crowd around him.

"Oh God, I didn't mean for this to happen," he said, feigning despair. Akira didn't buy any of it. He loved attention. "Just give me five minutes," he said. Kise began to sign notebooks, papers and even the occasional textbook. After a couple of seconds, Kise looked up and said, "You know, Akiracchi, instead of just standing there, you could help me get this done."

"Good evening to you too," said Akira, sarcastic.

"Just ignore me like you always do," said Kise, pouting.

"I just responded," said Akira.

"Oh, Kise-sama, do you need help?"

Akira didn't catch who said that. "Yes! Thank you... You are absolutely right. He needs medical help," she said, addressing the crowd in general. Quite a handful turned in her direction, astonished. Akira caught a couple of pitying looks and rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll help you, Ryouta-baka."

It took more than the afore-mentioned 'five minutes' to get the job done. Finally, Kise hopped down from the stage. "Yosh! That's done."

"Umm... Why exactly are you here?" questioned Hyuuga.

"I heard we are going to have a practice match soon. So, I thought I'd visit Kurokocchi before that."