Chapter 4 || Shutoku High

Shutoku High

"Hurry up, Shintaro," said Yukiji, gesturing violently.

"Cancer... is... eighth. Aries is fourth. You can't expect me to keep up, nanodayo," panted Midorima, "I've already got hit plenty of times. It's unpleasant."

"Hello—excuse me—move," said Yukiji, chivying along several people, and clearing a path for herself quite easily.

"Is this the luck of Aries..." muttered Midorima.

"Move it! Otherwise, you'll be left behind and crushed," exclaimed Yukiji.

"Okay... nanodayo..."

Yukiji came to a sudden halt and Midorima almost tripped. "That was unwise, nanodayo," he said, irritated.

"Look," said Yukiji, "The girls' registration desk is over there and the boys' is five desks away. Why don't we split up?"

Midorima blinked. "That's a great idea, nanodayo." Internally, he was exulting. Now, he could move at a slower and safer pace.

"See ya'," said Yukiji with a nod. She hurried across to the registration desk. A brown haired girl was sitting at the desk, fingering a few forms. Yukiji came to a sudden halt in front of her, startling her. "Morning! This is the basketball club, right?"

"Yeah," said the girl, suspiciously.

"I'm Chihiro Yukiji! Nice to meet you. I was thinking of joining."

"And here I was, thinking that Otsubo always gets all the weird ones..." she muttered.

"What is it?" said Yukiji, tilting her head to one side.

"It's nothing really," said the girl, swallowing.

"Eh... I would really like to know. By the way, what's your name?"

"Arata Haru," said the girl.

"Oh. And... your position?"

"I'm the captain. Center."

"Pleased to meet you!" said Yukiji, brightly.

"Uh... Yeah. Same here. You have to fill that form."

"Sure, no biggie," said Yukiji, taking the form, "Do you actually read this stuff?"

"I assure you, we go through it," said Haru.

"Then I'll be sure to put in all the important things, Arata-senpai—and...wait for it—done," said Yukiji.

Haru took the form from here and skimmed through it. Suddenly, her eyes became fixed on a particular line. "Teiko? You're from Teiko middle school?"

"Yup," said Yukiji.

"Nae, I've heard a lot about the boys' team. Is it true that they're undefeatable?"

Yukiji shrugged. "Not exactly undefeatable. They are insanely talented though. One of them is here."

"Really? Who is it?"

"He's called Midorima Shintaro."

"Can you point him out?" said Haru.

"Hmm... I can't spot him at the moment," said Yukiji, "But you can't miss him."

"How so?"

"You'll feel like you're in front of a traffic signal."

"Eh?"

"He has green hair," explained Yukiji, "Very bright green hair, and a weird personality."