Chapter 23 || Shutoku High

"Your protégé has officially lost it," crowed Takao triumphantly.

"What now?" said Yukiji, suspicious.

"Look at him! You have to," said Takao, dragging her towards the entrance.

"Slow down! There's no need for this. Shintaro has to come to his locker any—What!"

Midorima adjusted the pair of ice skates which hung around his neck. "She's right. There's no need for all this fuss, nanodayo."

"Don't tell me—" began Yukiji.

"Oha-asa," confirmed Midorima, "This is truly a dark day for cancers, nanodayo."

"Nanodayo," repeated Takao, trying to imitate Midorima.

"Isn't it late for our classes?" said Midorima.

"If you say so... Nanodayo," said Takao.

"Shintaro, there's a huge chance that you're going to poke your eyes out, you know," said Yukiji, as Midorima carefully edged through the doorway, into the classroom.

"Hey, hey, Shin-chan," said Takao, intercepting Midorima quickly, causing him to place his hands gingerly over the skates around his neck.

"Is there any need for this enthusiasm, nanodayo?"

"Have you seen Final destination?"

"Yes,but--"

"Have you seen Final destination two--"

"I am familiar with the franchise, now for God's sake, what's you point—and stop jumping around me, nanodayo."

"The point is you're going to die a horrible death if you don't quit doing weird stuff like this," said Takao, putting his hands together and staring at the ceiling.

"I assure you, I am well aware of—of the hazardous nature of today's lucky item."

"Seven days--"

"That's a completely different movie, nanodayo!"

"Nanodayo indeed," said Takao, stroking an imaginary beard, "Well, I did warn you... I'm going to be the wise guy who stays alive. Take note, Yuki. Keep doing stuff like him, and you'll be next."

"Oh no, I won't," said Yukiji confidently, "I would have brought them in a box."

"Trying to rationalize the irrational, eh?"

"Oha asa is not irrational!" said Yukiji and Midorima, causing a few more heads to turn in their direction.

Takao gave them a thumbs up. "Great. Just what we need. More publicity. Good job, guys."

"You're the one who's baiting us, nanodayo."

"Eh... I don't know much about Oha asa vs. the ghosts of the world, but I have a feeling that you might be picked on by live people if you go around like this. "

"I can take care of myself, nanodayo."

"You gotta be careful, you know."

Yukiji laughed. "If I didn't know better I would have assumed that you actually cared about Shintaro."

Takao shrugged. "Why not? I'm not the tsundere here."

Midorima blinked. "You don't have to be worried about me. I meant what I said."

"Oh reallly! I can't imagine my kawaii Shin-chan being teased," said Takao, in a high, exagerrated voice.

"Don't push it, nanodayo."