Chapter 6 || Rakuzan High

Rakuzan High

"This is no way to resolve a question!" protested Reo.

"Who cares? Besides, no one is going to sue, if we come up with the wrong answer," said Hayama, placing a pencil on the ground.

"What do you think about this?" said Reo, looking at the tall, tanned guy, hunched over in the bench.

"I don't care, really. Practice and try-outs will start in a couple of hours. We'll get to know anyway. At least in a couple of days," said Nebuya.

"Yosh! Whoever this pencil points at, gets to be captain this year," said Hayama, cheerfully.

Reo snorted lightly, but leant over for a better look. Hayama spun the pencil around and it rotated a couple of times before coming to rest in between Reo and Hayama. "What's that supposed to mean?" said Reo.

"Oro? Well it's closer to me, so... Score!" exclaimed Hayama.

"Like hell," muttered Reo.

"Who will it really be though?" said Hayama.

"It doesn't matter. It's going to be one of us."

"Why do I have to walk you all the way to the door?" demanded Sora, "I might be late."

The try-outs would begin soon and Sora was feeling a bit insecure. Akashi had insisted that she accompany him all the way to the door, even though the selection for the boys and the girls were held in different courts.

"You'll be on time," assured Akashi.

"You still didn't answer my question."

"Luck, I suppose."

"You could have just brought the rubber duck or whatever," said Sora.

Akashi chuckled. "Funny. Shintaro sent me a text which said a fountain pen would help. You might not believe me, but I don't remember subscribing to Oha-asa."

"Me neither, but Yukiji-san and Midorima-kun seem to be taking a lot of effort for us," said Sora, "I mean, we get texts everyday..."

"That's true," admitted Akashi.

"Well then; good luck," said Sora, as Akashi pushed open the double door.

"I'm not even sure I need more. You're better than a hundred rubber ducks," he said. Sora caught the flash of his red hair before it disappeared behind the wooden door. "Bakashi," she mumbled and blushed, struggling with a crude map of the corridors. "Eh... I'm here... Which means straight and then right... Or left?"

"You should watch where you're going," said a voice suddenly, making Sora jump.

"Oro?" Sora found that she was inches away from a wall.

"Thank you," she said, sheepishly.

The person who had helped her was presumably an upper-classman. "It's nothing. It would be bad to start your first day with an accident."

"Senpai, you are?"

"Mibuchi Reo. And you can call me Nee-san if you want."

Nee-san? Sora noticed that he looked delicate for a guy and almost pretty. Oh God, if only I had those eye-lashes...

"So, where are you headed?" he said.

"I'm looking for the court where the try-outs for the girls' basketball team are being held," said Sora.