Chapter 2 - Cleaning Fit

I wake up.

Finally, they've gone. Wait... have they?

I make a moan of what I hope is, "Mom?", which echoes down the hallway, and the stairs.

Good. They're gone.

I smile, vaguely remembering what happened after midnight, but there's a distant memory of Mom and Dad leaving first (they said their usual bed time was 8:30). Then the snot nosed kid and my sister left, never to be seen again until another Christmas, which, by the way, is still too soon.

After that, I brought out a bottle of vodka and ten shot glasses.
And I don't remember anything else.

What the hell...

I'm lying in my bed, cuddled up to a pillow with a terrible headache.

I don't often get drunk, but after a visit from the family, I guess I just need a little pick me up. Urgh. That was just a drop me down. I'm sticking to lemonade and coca cola from now on.

Well, hopefully.

I guess living alone has made me more relaxed. I never really liked the whole 'people' concept anyway.

I decide to go back to sleep again, it's not like I have anything to do today. I do have a deadline for my book, but that's not until the end of February.

I wake up late in the afternoon. Still in my short black party dress, which has risen from my thighs to over my waist, revealing my fluorescent orange underwear. What can I say? When you live alone, no one's going to see them.

Anyway, I'm feeling a little better, so I get my portable DVD player and soak in the bath watching My Little Pony. It's a nice habit, and I watch the cider episode.

After my bath, I get changed into my favourite custom made 20% Cooler pyjamas (let's just say I know a guy).

Then I drive straight into cleaning. That's the thing with me. See, when I get into cleaning, it's hard to get me out of it until I've completely cleansed everything in the house at least once a day. It's strangely addictive for me, and it feels great to know that, even though my life crumbled many years ago, I can still find some structure in my house.

As I clomp down the stairway, I think about what's going to happen next in my latest chapter book.

Maybe I'll read the FIM (Friendship is Magic) fan fictions, out of pure boredom and for inspiration. Most are very creative, but I never really liked those horror ones about Pinkie Pie. How would she feel if she ever saw or read that?

I know she's just a spot of pixels and animation, but that still isn't very nice.
Plus, I'm not into the whole 'insanity' thing.

I walk into the lounge room that my family was sitting in only last night.
Technically, it was this morning, but it's only morning after I wake up. It's close to the door, which is great for a quick getaway.
My eyes rake with an ignited fury over the mess before my eyes. Chicken bones stuffed into the corners of the couch.

Pizza crusts and an empty pizza box, all over the ground.

Oh my gosh, there's even an empty coke bottle, most of its contents have spilled and soaked into the carpet...
My family.
Are.

PIGS!

And... did somebody throw ice cream on the TV screen?

This is going to take me a good three hours. Why three? Obviously, I need to get every single drop of coke out of that beautiful white carpet of mine. Then, of course, the TV is going to need a good scrubbing.