Chapter 17 - BronyCon Pt.2

Argh! Help! I'm in full panic mode!

Not to mention, this is claustrophobic, trying to push past what feels like a million people. It's like trying to swim against a very strong current. Eventually, you will get swept away, too weak to push on. Haha, okay so maybe not like that.

But it's still difficult to not - how would I put it - 'go with the flow'. Of people.

Okay, so by now you're probably wondering, 'Girl, what the hell are you on about?' Well, I'll tell you what I'm on about. Let me start from the very beginning.

Pinkie, Josh and I made it past the reception area and into the convention area, getting amazed looks from many people. Well, Josh and I aren't the ones getting much attention. It's Pinkie.

I mean, duh, of course, Pinkie. I don't think anyone has seen a real life pink pony before. Something about Pinkie being shown off like this just feels... weird. Maybe it's just me, but then I look at Josh, who also seems a bit tense, though I think he's trying to cover it up.

Pinkie, on the other hand, is absolutely loving the attention. She's dancing around, saying hi to everyone and making lots of references to the show while Josh and I hang back, but never taking our eyes off of her. I feel Josh's hand slip into mine and give it a light squeeze. He smiles at me a little. "You look tense," he states.

I laugh a little and look at him. My face is probably pale. "I'm not tense, who said I was tense? Why would I be tense? I'm so not tense," I reply quickly. He gives me a look and I sigh. "Okay, I'm tense. Tense as shit, okay?"

He wraps his arm around my waist, rubbing a hand up and down my side, "She'll be alright," he comforts.

"How do I know she'll be alright?" I hiss, brushing past a guy wearing the same hat as mine, except blue.

"Because," Josh just replies, breaking eye contact and looking back at Pinkie.

"Because what?" I ask.

"Just because, okay?" Josh spits, half glowering at the carpet and almost losing his cool. He straightens up and looks at me, his gaze more soft than before. "You love her, don't you?"

"She's my daughter. I don't want her to get taken away from me," I mutter so only he and I can hear. I mean, it sounds a little weird, and I never thought I'd ever say that. But here I am saying that. "I just wanna stay... low profile."

Josh raises an eyebrow. "Low profile?" He echoes me, "We're going out with a talking pink pony. You want us to be low profile?"

I try not to laugh at how true his words are. "... Yeah," I reply.

At first, the convention was a little crowded, but before the hour was up, it was flooding with pony loving people, the population of men dominating.

So, after wandering around for a bit until we find some maps of the convention, we start to buy brony things from stalls. Plushies, posters, even videos. My bag is overflowing with stuffed plushies that Pinkie wanted to buy.

Frequently, though, we are stopped in our tracks to take photos and get a signature from Pinkie. I do get a little pissed off, because if we didn't come with Pinkie we'd probably get ignored or the occasional smile.

And then there was an announcement over the loud speakers at the stage stuff was happening. I don't know, I wasn't really listening. I could feel myself period-ing all over (I know, too much information, but don't worry! I was wearing a pad) so I told Josh I was going to the bathroom, and he said he'd wait with Pinkie next to the Derpy Plushie stall. He even marked it on my map. I went off and did what I needed to do, and when I came back to the Derpy stall, Pinkie and Josh were nowhere to be seen!