Chapter 16 - BronyCon Pt.1

I am super excited for tomorrow! Wanna know why?

Well, before I start on that, let me tell you a little something that happened two years ago. So, as you know, two years ago, Carrot freaking beat me up. Yeah, I had to go to the hospital, but I'm now Josh's rebound girlfriend, so yay! We're dating!

Luckily, Pinkie didn't see Carrot and I fighting. She freaked out, though, because she heard screaming and then she saw my injuries. Josh insisted we go to the hospital, despite my refusals. I didn't want people to know I got beat up by a vegetable! I mean, come on! It wasn't anything major, just a few painful bruises and cuts. So anyways, the next day, Carrot came back to possess her house so long story short, Josh had to move in with me! Yay!

Only for a year, though, because Pinkie kept on switching his saving cream with whipped cream and getting paint on his shirts.

Did I mention that Pinkie's gotten really serious into reading stuff? She goes on this app every day, Warpad or something, and it's got lots of books that she reads. That's how I learned what the term 'feels' mean.

That book series I had going on is being turned into a movie. Just the first book, though, which I find is a little disappointing. But meh. It's coming out in about three years, though.

But last week, I got a phone call from Josh saying that I should take Pinkie along to BronyCon in a week, and after much hesitation... I said yes!

There are all these feels up inside me. Did you see that? I'm speaking in teenager!

Excitement, fear, nervousness, anxiety, happiness. I can't sleep because of it. I just can't help thinking about it. Will someone tell the government about it? Will someone bad find out? I surely hope not. Will Pinkie get taken away from me? I have no clue.

I roll on my side and stare at my alarm clock. 1:57am. Damn, better get some sleep.

I talked it over with Pinkie. You know, about the BronyCon thing. She was so excited about it, jumping around the house in the most adorable way possible.

I've decided not to go in cosplay this year. It's sad that My Little Pony ended last year, with an awesome 14 seasons. But that doesn't stop the ever lasting brony community from throwing conventions!

There's one about a kilometre or so away from where I live, so Josh is hitching a ride with Pinkie and I in my car. I can't believe I still have it! Josh always refers to it as 'ancient' because it's more than six years old.

Eventually, I get tired of wallowing in my thoughts and put my legs over the side of the bed, pushing the covers back and running a hand through my tangled hair. Stretching, I get up and trudge out my bedroom door, down the old wooden stairs and into the kitchen. Flicking the light on, I get myself a drink of water and a snack and sit at the table, where I am surprised to find my laptop.

I open it up and start to type meaningless letters, numbers and emoticons in Word until I get bored and slap the laptop closed. Sighing, I stare at my glass of water intently and crunch on the chocolate biscuits that I found in the back of the pantry. I'm just thinking about deep stuff.

Like, where would I be if I had not found Pinkie Pie? Would I still be living here? Would I have never met Josh? ... Would I still be alive?

A voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Mommy?"

I turn around. "Hey, Pinkie," I smile, tiredly.

She clops up to me and sits on my lap. "Hey," she replies.

"What are you doing up?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same thing," she replies, climbing up onto the table and making her way to the chair opposite me.