Chapter 10 - I Love You

Wow, six months have gone by so quickly. Pinkie's speech has gotten a lot better, and so has her baking. Since the ice skating thing, she messed her hair up pretty badly, so now it's all curly instead of straight, despite my efforts to brush it.

Pinkie and I have gotten really into the Marvel comics, lately. Sure, they clear up space in my wallet, but if Pinkie's happy, I'm happy.

I bought her an iPad last week, too, and one of them iPad styluses so Pinkie can touch the smaller, more detailed things on the screen, like the keyboard. She loves watching YouTube videos, but that uses up so much download, so I have to buy even more credit. Good god, who knew owning a pony would be so expensive?

I've managed to catch up with my writing, though, which is good. I've almost completed my book, so after that I need to send it to my editor, who will send it to my publisher and then I'll sit back and let the money pour in. Well, hopefully. If it's good.

Pinkie's been wanting a pet alligator for a while, now. Of course, I immediately objected to the idea, explaining to Pinkie that Gummy was just a cartoon character and not real, and that real pets were huge responsibilities. "But I'm Pinkie Pie, I'm a cartoon character and I'm real!" she would reply.

"Pinkie, you are not a cartoon character," I would snap.

"Then why am I on My Little Pony? That's a cartoon," She would snap back.

"That's not you, that's a different Pinkie," I would reply, and that'd be the end of it.

But lately, she's been nagging more and more, so eventually, I looked up a show accurate stuffed toy of Gummy on eBay, which costed like a million dollars. Actually, it was $50. It should be arriving in about a month, but I haven't told Pinkie. It's supposed to be a surprise.

I've finally uploaded another video to my YouTube channel, too. Two reviews of two pony episodes, and one announcement that I'd be going to BronyCon in a few weeks, which I'm mega excited about. It's a few miles away, though, and I'm not actually sure whether or not I should go, seeing as I have Pinkie in my life and all.

When I'm not home, Pinkie likes to paint in her painting room, watch cartoons, draw, read comics, or play on her iPad. She's also managed to figure out how to use the DVD player, and once she found out there were Marvel Superhero movies, she jumped at the chance of getting them. Of course, now she can't come with me to the shops anymore. She's grown too much, so I have to go on my own.

Pinkie's found a way around that. Once a month, I go shopping for any one thing she wants, I mean, I don't want to spoil her, but I still want to keep her entertained. She's written a list of all the things she wants, and I'll buy one item on it from the top that hasn't already been crossed off. Then, if Pinkie wants something else, she's going to have to wait longer to get it, and if she doesn't want something anymore, she just scribbles it out.

So, yeah, now Pinkie has all the Avengers movies, and the next thing on her list is this little 'My Little Pony' toy set with a little bakery thingy.

I buy the superhero comics because I want them, and the fact that Pinkie likes them is just a bonus.

At the ending of the season, Pinkie insisted that she help wrap up winter, clearing snow in the yard and bucking it down from the oak tree, ringing a little bell to make all the squirrels in the trees wake up- and the neighbours, too, all the while humming, 'Winter wrap up, winter wrap up!'

God dammit, TV show!

She scored the ice rink as well, expecting the pegasus ponies to fly by any minute and move the clouds away.

She yelled at the sky for twenty minutes.

Me, being the troll I am, sat and watched in amusement, recording it on my iPhone. Pinkie will never hear the end of it.